her number

First Unpublished AN: Done 11/16/19; Hope you enjoy!

If things couldn't get worse, I would have to sit in this desk and waste my hands typing and scanning numbers. Then a bonus more, and I sat patiently at the desk while the normal employees furthered into the soul of the Map. Their personas would often intrigue me as they could have either a good or bad day. Some tried engaging in conversations with me, but I made it small awkward casual statements which seemed to make them satisfied not to bother me much. 

The first interviewee had a nervous look as he repeated the beginning digits of his number way too many times than his last digits. I literally had to search him up and then confirm him, which took an average of wasting my time. 

A couple of them flew by as they muttered their number, and I saw that only one remained to be signed in, but the interview would start in ten minutes, so they were perhaps a no show. 

Literally five minutes later as I played Candy Crush, someone rushed in muttering a number before I could process what was going on. 

"Huh?" 

"My number is ########! Please register me quickly! The interview starts in two minutes!" She had an urgent tone and I didn't bat an eyelash at the hovering figure who tapped her feet to the seconds that passed by. 

"OK, Kim Jennie, you are signed it. Have a nice interview." I repeated the same phrase in the monotone voice that I became accustomed too. 

"Thanks a lot, ... Kim V sunbae!" When she said my name, I felt electrified as she not only respected me, but you had the audacity to say it when she might be late to the interview. 

Before I could look at her face, she went away, but I caught what outfit she wore, yet it seemed like the normal business attire that women wore like the she-devil. 

I could go inside, but then I already toured the Map with it's looming shadows and egoistic employees. 

The advantage of being by yourself is that you don't interact with those who are snobby the whole day. Just once in the morning but they don't even bother talking to you after one week of working here. However that didn't mean I didn't have a couple good friends on the inside. We made a group chat to discuss our sunbaes or hoobaes who pretended to be better with us since they got a better degree in college. 

A text buzzed in and I saw the familiar group chat start to buzz in after 11. 

The understaff 

shyshyshyjapan~ who are these new people?

winwinorlose~ I think somebody asked us the same question?

VanTage: some new employees, same as usual

I check all 40 something of them

CEO perhaps needs someone really good for the job

wenvocal~ that explains why Irene told me that the CEO needed a new salesperson for foreign affairs. I mean less than 10% of the company can speak fluent English. 

shyshyshyjapan~ aish you are the favorite to the she-devil 

winwinorlose~ she was nice to me?

shyshyshyjapan~ that's because literally nobody can be mad at you! 

even V isn't after you tried becoming his friend

VanTage~ well Sicheng has been a good part of my life in hell

shyshyjapan~ Try saying that to his boyfriend, Yuta

wenvocal~ ooh is this some hentai shit?

winwinorlose~ stop it Sana, I get that you introduced me to him but we aren't dating!!!!

shyshyshyjapan~ Or so you say 

My group chat consisted of Song Wendy, Minatozaki Sana, Dong Sicheng, and myself. 

They were constantly bored but they barely remembered to text as they had more important jobs than me at this time. 

Her number rang inside my head before I began typing her name again. 

Her profile appeared and it looked like a clean resume with a diploma in business in...New Zealand? Why did she come here if she was already in a foreign country? Must be some caretaker for her parents. 

Her serious expression made me doubt if she was serious at all. Her face could tell that she was almost ready to burst into laughter, but then again that's just me. 

Hopefully she comes out the front desk, and then maybe I might proved wrong so I don't have another she-devil at my hands. 

And that's our first meeting with Jennie but no romantic interactions until a couple chapters more! 

Final AN: SO this is not my best work but I feel like I'll intrigue you guys. If you have questions, post here ==>

Update is on Tuesday March 3rd!

Hope you enjoyed it and that's bye for meow, 

AMiraculousCat