reflect

My hands felt smooth across the velvet pillowcase that held my ticket out of hell for a couple days. The cat-eyed woman also gleefully picked it up as I lost myself as we held hands and jumped up and down. I could have cared less what prize I received but I felt that I deserved this, that my hard work had not been a wasteful attempt.

"V, how did you know that the clue was in the flower pot?" She asked me innocently before I reflect on those old memories where I thought youth would last forever. I could always tell the truth, but when have I not suffered from mentioning the past. It's forever erased in my memories, locked in a box that I won't open until I come to accept the fact.

"I knew the CEO planned this task for our team since his sister is on this team. So therefore he either wanted me to win on purpose or realize the -" I paused without continuing because I didn't want to let somebody know who I was. Maybe Namjoon wanted me to know the truth as I refused to go by that one because it hurt me the most. Plus I already bothered her with groceries, and she seems like the type to care too much about people she knows.

"So it's true that you know the CEO. I heard it from I- some other colleagues that the CEO and you are friends but not as close since you have different rankings." She shyly admitted as I definitely knew Irene must have told her my old friendship. I smiled and nodded as I looked at Hoseok and Namjoon yell at each other about some clue. Somehow I got the opportunity to also see Hoseok grow up as I knew those two were friends for a long time and Namjoon would try to mix his richer friends with his poorer friends, yet only Hoseok and Seokjin were friendly enough.

"Yeah we go back to those days of innocence and bliss. I want to relive those moments again," I admitted as we relaxed on the bench. There was another task set aside for our team for a reason, and I think Wheein and Namjoon were behind that. The cat-eyed woman clapped her hands when she saw her friends zoom around to search for clues. I used to do same for Jimin and Jungkook when they got praised by the choreographer or vocal teacher, but I stopped as I couldn't feel joy of someone rising above me. 

A text message appeared on my phone from Yoongi to ask me if I would return home anytime soon. But I told him that it would definitely take quite some time for this event to be over. Another text came in from Suran surprisingly, with a smiley face asking me if Yoongi liked eating Chinese food. She worried too much about him like an older sister but I can tell that both of them like each other. Suran might be two or three years older, but their mind sets can be swapped at certain times, and she makes him smile more than I could ever try. I chuckled a bit before the cat-eyed woman had a shocked expression with nearly some people nearby as well. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked as she shook her head and had that mushy smile of her's that seemed to melt anyone if they could. They had an effect on me, but it took me years to master the cold face, so I had one internally. 

"I never heard you laugh or smile like that. Everyone says that you have a face colder than snow. I mean that I don't think so, neither does Daniel, Tzuyu, Jungwoo, Ji-" she stammered when she compared me to a snowball I think. Well it's not the impression that I wanted to show off, but I couldn't help it being apart of me. 

She kept listing names but I stopped listening because I didn't care about the others, I just cared about myself, Yoongi, the Understaff, and maybe Namjoon, Suran, Jennie, and her other friends who are nice. I would help them in a time of need, but I didn't have enough trust so they could help me. The cat-eyed woman is a different case, but she seems different in this case as she is like Suran to me. 

So sorry for not updating since like two months ago but I had so much shit to do. I have to fucking go to college in a year, write them damn college essays, get a 1400+ score in the SAT because we all know my fuckin GPA won't get me anywhere, and have to study for AP classes. I am going to be a senior in high school if you couldn't tell and I waste too much time from die-hard procrastinating habits. 

Anyways, this is all unedited! I probably didn't update despite finishing the first half because I didn't finish the second half of this book. Sorry again but I am not into Blacktan but I don't want to waste my "hard" work. I am really into NCT so that's my main focus because there are like three subunits that occupy my head.

Please stream Turn Back Time by WayV because stop. rewind. turn back time. 

5.4.3.2 

Whose your WayV bias? I used to be Ten, then Lucas, and then Yangyang. Now Xiaojun stole my heart.