In Between Notes

"Yeji what are you looking at?" A slightly older twin tried poking through his sister's stuff before receiving a punch with a nasty glare. She rolled her eyes at her brother before pulling out a stool for him to sit on to help sort out the dates of the tapes. 

"You still couldn't sort through the tapes? All you found were prologue and V as obviously the first tape box but the rest...okay appa put them vague enough not to label the order. He probably thought his older pair of tapes weren't going to land in the hands of his thirteen year old twins," Yeonjun complained as he almost broke one of them in the process of diving into the box for a random tape. Yeji wished that her older twin brother could be a competent person like herself but there is still the cliche of mother like son. 

Suddenly a knock burst into the door as the rest of the Kim siblings broke into the door to also help their siblings sort through the newly found tapes that they found in the storage room that they were supposed to help clear. Apparently their father had instructions to not tamper with certain boxes but obviously Ella beat the other four siblings. 

"Well I want to listen to some tapes before I have to go back to college in a couple weeks and you both are still bickering like little kids!" The twenty year old Ruby exclaimed as she picked up the box instead to Yeji's bed where seven year old Ella cheered with five year old Jaehyung. With of course Jaehyung not knowing what his siblings were up to. All of them went closer as Ruby laid out all the 12 tapes and handed them each with the exception of Jaehyung, three tapes. 

"Okay, I am assuming meanwhile and date night to be the last of the tapes while The Happy Angel Iris is obviously Aunt Lisa because THAI with something wonderful so that has to be before date night. Husband and I don't know her have to be in the middle because I think appa spoke about the time when eomma pretended that appa is her husband when they weren't married. I was like four when that happened." Ruby explained as the rest of them caught on as the twins knew Ruby's secret of not actually being biologically related to her parents. 

"How long until you guys are going to fix up those tapes? Your mom and I thought you would find out soonner!" An older Taehyung barged into the room before Jaehyung clung onto his father's leg like a koala with the twins and Ruby having astonished faces. 

"Appa how did you know?" Yeji asked as her father settled onto the bed near the younger ones before laughing his head off. He is actually embarrassed that his children found his love confession tapes when he went to check his storage to secretly hide them. Nonetheless he decided to keep calm and expose himself slowly while he's at it. 

"Well these are so embarrassing to listen to, and also they disappeared with the second half of the tapes safe from your hands!" Taehyung chuckled as his children had wide eyes when they learned that there were 12 more tapes with 24 more stories! Yeonjun groaned as he felt like he should have meddled with the other box of tapes that he choose to ignore because the first tape didn't have interesting name. 

"Appa at least tell us the order! I want to know about you and eomma!" Ruby pleaded as Taehyung ruffled her hair and sighed as he shook his head in amusement. 

"It's about me...you eomma is mentioned but its mostly about me and my dilemmas. I don't think Taeyoung and Jaehyung should listen to them since they are too young to understand. Maybe Jaekyung can but I am not sure about you two though," Taehyung admitted as he pointed his fingers to his twins who rolled their eyes like they are very mature brats who tried proving their worth which ended in disasters. The twins poked their tongues out as their mother opened the door with a surprised expression. 

She looked at her husband before looking back at her kids and then letting the three dogs come into the room to join the family "reunion" in Yeji's room.

"The food's ready!" Jennie proclaimed enthusiastically before adding, "Stop looking through your father's tapes."

"Eomma at least let us also listen to the tapes!" The twins begged before Jennie smiled and reassured them that Ruby, Yeonjun, and Yeji could listen to them soon. 

The five children went to the kitchen to eat Jennie's delicious lunch with Yeontan and Kuma wagging behind them. Kai remained in Jennie's arms with Taehyung pouting that his wife let his children have the permission to listen to his vulnerable side. 

"Jack and Jane are very mature and you know that!" Jennie protested as she leaned against her husband as he begrudgingly admitted it before swaying with his wife to dance slightly before Yeji and Yeonjun began arguing about something which drew their attention to their children. 

They might have 12 tapes, but there are still 12 more...

Bonus Scene: 

"You named me after Yeontan?!" Yeji and Yeonjun cried as they learned that their father named them after his beloved faithful dog. Jennie added that their English names were after her nicknames and how Yeonjun could have been Jerry. 

Jennie and Taehyung have five kids: one adopted, four biological and they have three adorable pets as well.

Just in case your wondering their children's names in both Korean and English are:

Jaekyung/Ruby

Yeonjun/Jack

Yeji/Jane

Taeyoung/Ella

Jaehyung/Jeff

Ruby and Ella usually go by their English name while the rest of them go by Korean unless they want to. Taehyung calls them by their Korean names while Jennie calls them by their English names.