a year

It's been a year since I forgot to finish the tapes. Well I guess since Jennie and I are together again for a long time, I didn't have to send the tapes for some long confession which I planned to do. We are planning to get married soon and Jaekyung's excited for me to become her actual dad. Despite Jennie telling me that it's fine to call her by Ruby, I want to call her by her actual name since I craved being called by my Korean name. 

Anyways I should probably continue our love story from the last tape set by perhaps fast forwarding to about year since we laid eyes upon each other all those years ago. I remember that I bought her a box of chocolates as a congratulations for surviving this long job. She recently turned 25 while I turned 25 a couple weeks before her which made me disappointed because having a year difference didn't really mean much. Well I was only older by almost three weeks so that would make sense to why we were bound to be attracted to each other anyways. We kind of established the thought that we could date but we didn't want to say it officially. 

My life took a turn when Namjoon called me up to his office a couple days afterwards. I been working with the company at that point for about four years so I think he wanted to talk about perhaps making a higher paycheck or doing something really stupid. He might have an IQ of 140 something but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the street smarts of the tricksters. 

"Ah, Taehyung, it's been a long time since we talked!" Namjoon awkwardly hugged me until he let go with us both laughing it off awkwardly. It's been awhile since we even hugged since I would be the one who would insist on doing it. 

"What's the deal?" I asked carefully as I noticed Namjoon's cute dimples appear to tell me that he concocted a mischievous plan that would involve me in some form. He pulled a picture of six boys enjoying the beach with goofy grins as the nearby local took the photo for them. The memories flood in as I recall that this moment is when Namjoon wanted to combine his classy well off friends and his trainee friends. We all had a good time and I remember when one of them said that we needed one more to make a lucky number 7. 

"So I was thinking of a hangout where we all hang out again...and I heard that you are in good terms with Jungkook and Jimin...so we can all hang like old times?" Namjoon asked in a bit desperate way until I shook my head at the thought of all of us mixing together. 

Back then, nobody had their face plastered on the internet and were famous. Now Jimin is on the rise as Korea's top Idol, Namjoon as the smartest richest CEO of all time, Hoseok for not only being an idol but also for training the company's famous idol groups/soloists, and Seokjin for being the top actor that everyone wants for their movies and dramas. Jungkook could make it out alive for being a small youtuber who only posted covers and performed in the open. I would only be recognizable with people I've met. 

Add all that and we would get a bunch of messes of sasaengs, haters, and maybe even assassins! 

However Namjoon wanted to host it at his private mansion where it had a beautiful beachfront. I wanted to try to attempt to escape but Seokjin and Hoseok appeared behind Namjoon's several file cabinets with matching mischievous grins that meant no good. To add the icing on the cake, Jungkook and Jimin also stood nearby with adoring eyes which surprised me how they passed in the first place. Then of course I remember that Namjoon allowed me to take a break in the morning for coffee where I kind of did flirt with Jennie during those intervals. 

"Um I can't leave my roommate alone! His girlfriend is out of town so that's out of question too!" I made a pathetic excuse but I didn't want to leave Yoongi alone without someone to look after him. Also I didn't want to be apart of some stupid reenactment of the past that I wanted to escape. My eyes looked back at the door to reveal my true fate in this mess.