unknown number

"All employees in the Bangtan Building, please make your way to the main conference room that can hold everyone in this building. We are shutting down for about an hour or two so don't worry. I repeat all staff from a custodian to a vice president. Thank you, this is Hwasa." The voice echoed the building nearly making me jump as I usually didn't expect loud noises around lunch time. The speakers almost screeched for a minute before it died down with a quick apology. I saw the doors begin to lock in a security mode, so I scurried with my office bag to the Wings Conference room. 

I saw familiar faces follow suit with worried expressions painted all around. Namjoon never called on all of us at the same time, neither had he bothered to meet with people lower than my rank at the office. I found Wendy and Daniel who currently spoke to her friend, Seulgi until she introduced me to her as we all took our seats in the conference room that looked more like an auditorium than meeting.

Namjoon walked across the stage with Jihyo, Irene, Seokjin, and Hoseok. All five of them made up the head council which ran everyone and the surrounding buildings. It was more common to see Irene as she overlooked my building, and the occasional Jihyo who made many friends in this building. I rarely seen the men at all with the exception of Namjoon trying to check up on me to see my current status.

"Good afternoon, employees of Bangtan. I know all of you are anxious to know why I called everyone here with all the head of the buildings along with me. I specialize mostly in the entertainment and technology aspects of my business, but my sister deals with commercial and your company as I believe you have seen her more than I. She just happens to not prefer the name: CEO." He chuckled as I remember his younger sister, Wheein, who seemed like the shy type as she seemed to only connect with Hwasa, the top second tier status in the company for being Namjoon's and Wheein's secretary. 

Wheein shyly came out of the backstage with a notecard as she began her speech about perhaps why we are all stuck here. 

"So, my brother and I noticed that you'll have worked hard and we all deserve a break every once in awhile. However I feel like we are all separated from different bubbles of job status and from some good friends, I have heard some even abuse their power to degrade those who have lower ranks. I propose to you that every single job you guys have is meaningful. And to test that, tomorrow, yes on Saturday, we are going to meet here and team off to see who can work well together. However there will be partners for each and everyone to help support them along the way. To make things better, we all six will join you in the fun activity. Anybody who refuses to do this task will have to work double hours!" 

The whole cheery speech seemed to dark within the moments she suggested this absurd idea. Sure I lived in a bubble, but I had a limited friendship as I didn't like making work and outside life mix together. Jennie already found out about my regular life, and I intend to keep it that way because my fellow friends think I am living a middle class life. 

Whispers began filling the room until we were given the signal to move around. An arm grabbed mine as I felt the familiar grip from the cat-eyed woman. I finally found a good nickname for her instead of the void of Jennie. 

"Hey, V, long time no see." She lied in her sweet voice as we just had met the other day for another round of vegetables. Apparently she just calculated when I would come back to shop for groceries and it seemed to creepy to be true. Nonetheless, I smiled and told her that the front desk would be unsecure without me being there to make sure nothing suspicious passed by. 

"What if we were buddies?" She asked earnestly but I thought she was joking as I heard from Sana who told me that cat-eyed woman is a social butterfly. In fact, she thought she saw Irene smile after cat-eyed woman broke a joke to her. That's saying something because nobody ever sees a smile from Irene, just insulting smirks. 

"We are already fairly acquainted with each other, so I guess we would already work well with each other." I shrugged as I made my way into my desk and laid the bag I uselessly carried back below my desk. Things seemed to proceed normally until a text dinged from my phone. 

Unknown Number ###########

Taehyung, you can't hide your past

Your parents miss you, and want you to return back to the farm. 

I deleted the texts after that because they are not useful for me. I can't return back home, not after all that I sacrificed to finally living a life that I was meant for. 

I watched figures pass by before the unknown number began ringing me. I blocked them and then continued the rest of the day without the worry of that number. 

Ok this story is really bad from this point onward but I still wrote it! So do whatever!

AMC