brothers

When she finally left, a ding came out of my door tracker to see who it was. I pressed the scanner which reported that the guy had no weapons on them, and I let them pass in as well.

Actually I was shocked who came up, because never in a million years would I have thought-

"Hey, long time no see."

Irene had to leave me in the worst times when I had to encounter a familiar face who almost looked exactly like mine. I pretended to not be fazed by his presence but of course I got caught off guard with Yerim appearing as well with a squeal.

"OMG, V, is this your brother? Well I don't want to assume but you both look alike and it would be perfect since I also enjoy working under my sister! Does your girlfriend know?" Yerim asked too many questions for me to answer as the familiar face had a puzzled looks when he heard girlfriend. The bubbly girl left with a wink as she hurried to catch up with her infuriating sister.

"Why aren't saying anything?" He asked me as he had his adorable grin on his face. I wanted to embrace him and tell him that I wanted to go back home but being by myself for five years didn't allow me to fall back. I almost didn't recognize his matured features as he turned 16 when I decided to leave a couple months afterwards.

I had a marriage proposal shoved into my face in which I risked my trainee seat after I confessed that I "loved" someone. My friends encouraged me to pursue this meaningless relationship but I really knew that Jungkook supported me because he would finally get a higher spot of recognition than being behind me. My family was in bad shape and they needed the money, not me working my a$$ off singing. When I would fall, that would be the moment where I had to obey their wishes. I fell intentionally but then immediately regretted it when I learned that I couldn't force myself to even love the girl as she was already taken by her lover. I helped with her escape from the proposal which infuriated my family as I made them a laughing stock. Whenever we appeared at the market, there would be rumors that made me ashamed as my mother tried blocking the teases from getting into her head.

Then I decided to leave as a selfish resort to make their lives better. After all, everybody in my village said that if I disappeared, I would finally bring peace into my home.

So here I am standing in front of my brother, Taehyun who seemed to still hold innocence and trickery in his eyes. I cannot avoid talking to him as he came here for an unknown reason and its better to send out this 21 year old brat.

"Why are you here?" I asked slightly in a cold tone which made him flinch as I rearrange my computer to appear having something important than the Candy Crush Game I currently was engaged in. He stared at me at the same gaze I held until he finally spoke to me.

"I graduated from college and moved to Seoul to find you! I didn't know we both had a mutual friend who would end up following your private Instagram account and have your phone number, and now here I am meeting my hyung again! Now since I found that you are working here, I want to work here too!" Taehyun exclaimed as that only brought me shock and despair as I didn't want to work with my baby brother and try to have a girlfriend as well.

"Whose this friend of ours?" I asked as I didn't recall making friends that were Taehyun's age.

"That's a mystery for you to solve apparently V," he pointed to my badge while I rolled my eyes and continued to pretend to be busy.

Taehyun left and then I rummaged through my instagram for a clue but I couldn't find anything that could possibly lead to the connection between the two. Let's just say I didn't know XXXXXX and Taehyun go back to a point where I didn't even know how they met.

Then I saw @ImTaehyunk wanted to follow me which I grudgingly accepted as the unknown number flooded with messages that screamed my little brother. I asked him if our sister knew as well and he just said she is currently trying to go to a college in Seoul to be with Taehyun. Our parents grew worried about me but Taehyun promised to not force me to interact with them until the time comes.

I don't know when the time will come but all I know is that I cannot see them again after I hurt them. They don't deserve me, they deserve a son who would help them and not have this wild free spirit.

I click on my brother's profile in curiosity to be astonished at his posts and find out who also followed him. I found myself flabbergasted that many people I knew and followed as well actually did follow him. He had a decent following, of course more than mine for being a country boy. One of his recent posts had our sister in it and she grew beautifully. Taehye looked like the both of us and had that adorable smile that always made me smile on my sad days. Our family photo surprisingly was posted with the caption, "I am looking for my brother, does anybody know him?" The comments were turned off and he requested for DMs, so the sneaky brat wouldn't let me find who snitched on me.

I am satisfied that he tried finding me as maybe my family will give me a chance...but what's the chances of that ever happening.