date night

We didn't go on a date night but Yoongi already scribbled that onto the tape and I don't want to buy white out. Also from the last tape, Yoongi tricked me so he could cough some much profanity that I can't utter in a thousand years. 

Instead of a date night, I saw it more as a restaurant dinner for two with friends ditching to do some billiards or hang in the casino like the immature brats they are. Honestly they got so wasted that they didn't get sober until we took them out of the hotel the next morning. 

We all promised to meet each other for dinner because we were anyways forced to dine in an exquisite private room since we won the challenge and also to promote teamwork. Honestly I think Jennie and I make a pretty good team already, I don't think our stupid friends cared about that. 

"So Minty, wanna go for some cash?" Lisa asked Yoongi with her affectionate nickname as she proclaimed as she took Yoongi by the hand with him groaning about how he missed out on free gourmet food. He later did come back to see if there were extras and still got his five course meal that he desired. 

Jennie and I couldn't look at each other straight in the eye as we slowly ate the food we ordered with awkwardness of the day before still impacting our thoughts. I wanted to take back everything I said and return back to normality but I couldn't. Of course she had to break the mask that prevented us from speaking by talking casually about our present yet then past lives. 

"So Jisoo called and Ruby misses me a lot and wants me to come back home with a story. She also asked if you want to come hang around with us the next time me and Ruby come to the park," Jennie smiled as I didn't know what to do but nod alongside her as I wanted to desperately sink into my chair and count the hours that passed by. She looked a bit disappointed when she saw that I didn't enjoy the dinner and proceeded to look on her phone. I decided to do the same as I pulled out my phone to see another set of texts from my groupchat with Jungkook and Jimin. Apparently they wanted to grab my attention to ask why I am not active for at least two days. I did it to avoid them by pressing no more notifications but I missed some not really important texts in Understaff and the mysterious texter who keeps hacking into my phone to come back to the countryside. 

Jennie's eyes shifted back and forth from her phone to me before giggling on something on her phone which peaked my curiosity as I directed my attention to her when the food arrived. We sat awkwardly once more as we ate our delicious Michelin Star meal that I would never think of eating again. I couldn't stop but ponder about my relationship with Jennie. 

I gotten very close with Jennie but not enough to be dating or just colleagues. I wanted to think of her as a friend but my thoughts always went closer to dating. If I could love, I would but I am afraid of my heart going in too deep. Yet she had that charm that brought me back into a euphoria that I didn't want to leave. 

"Sorry for being awkward today, I just never exposed myself like that and we only have known each other for almost a year." I confessed with Jennie's somber face turned into a nice smile which I preferred to the one I made her wear in the past hour or two. 

"V or Taehyung, I don't care that you are scared about your past. All I ask is for your trust and perhaps we can become more than colleagues since we already act like best friends!" Jennie boldly responded as I can't help but laugh at her cuteness which just keeps brightening my day. I wished that we crossed paths sooner but we wouldn't understand each other like we do now. 

What's this attraction I keep having when we meet each time? Should I confess? Shall we kiss and hope real life is movie?

What I learned is that my life isn't a movie, but a series of dramatic events that made me realize that my life is something I control with my decisions. Nobody can tell me I am wrong because I choose what's wrong and right to me. 

Maybe today's a date night?