cat-eyed woman

Normally Yoongi would be the only one leaving the house for another grocery store shift, however I joined him outside begrudgingly to ride our bikes to the store. From the store, the office was about fifteen minutes by bike. We laughed as old friends as we went through the familiar passageways until we separated paths so I could attend work. At these simple times, biking is my way of distracting myself from the horror coming in the next hour or so. 

I saw Jungwoo and Sicheng arriving in bikes as well as nobody would want to pay the bus fare just for "bonding." In fact I saw less pollution as more people rather worked to not waste fuel from cars or buses. Only those who lived far had an excuse but most lived fairly nearby like myself. Although there still was the traffic in cars for families to travel to different cities or go to different places. However seeing fellow employees on their bikes made me feel apart of the company. 

"Welcome all, Bangtan employees, to our first team challenge day!" The only loud cheer came from Jungwoo who instantly became quiet as nobody else joined him. It wasn't anyone's fault but nobody likes going to work on the weekends especially when they could potentially spend it with family. 

"Ok due to the lack of enthusiasm, we are going to randomly sort everyone in groups, everyone will get a text which will tell them a partner name. To make things easier we are also having sub-groups so you can easily identify your partners! Now what are you waiting for? Go!" Wheein cheered as the employees groaned and scurried across the back pavilion with colors all around. Honestly I admire Namjoon's sister for her positivism but sometimes she came up too peppy even with good intentions.  Yet she is one of the greatest leaders in this company and I'm grateful she didn't kick me off from the she-devil's complaints. 

My text had to say: Jennifer Ruby Jane Kim 

I looked for Jennie until I felt a back hug from a sudden force that almost made me drop my phone and myself. It's been a long time since I have gotten an intimate hug like that but it felt good to know I am loved with my lies that I paint. 

The cat-eyed woman had a smile like always that reminded me of a Cheshire cat. Although perhaps maybe a more gentle soul than the character from that book or movie. However it's true to the fact that they have some mischief off their sleeves. 

"We are partners, V!" She raised our hands in the air in excitement as I couldn't help but chuckle at her behavior. Sometimes Jennie acted like a baby but a very adorable one who could just make me forget that I am here. I then glanced around to see any familiar faces with their partners. 

I saw Wendy with Yeri, another latest addition who I saw often in the morning. Then Daniel stood out the most since he got paired with Jihyo which was the oddest pairing like Seulgi and Irene both got each other while Hoseok got Namjoon. Wheein joined a custodian as she perhaps adjust to their needs with the exception of Jihyo being fine with whoever she ends up. 

I could see Daniel's ears becoming pink each moment a sneak a glance at his poor unfortunate state. It could be plainly seen that he had a crush on her, but neither it can be confirmed because even his position wouldn't allow him to get any closer to her. We snickered as he tries to bow down to her given her position in the company but he just fell on his face. It's the spark of a beginning of love at first touch but Jihyo seems to be not getting the signal

"Ok, partners, we are going to have a scavenger hunt where you will be competing against your teammates, winners of each team will face off to receive a week long vacation at the Kim Hotel branch that my cousin oversees. Now your first clue will ring now." Wheein seriously expected us to be happy, however everybody seemed to be excited when the prize was announced. I could care less as I never been a winner, just a loser. Jennie read the text aloud as I began looking for places where the creative Wheein would put clues in. 

"Stop looking on your phone, Wheein used to love hiding Namjoon's favorite book in the tree top and she controlled the set up for this team except her own which meant Namjoon did it for ours since she is on our team." I explained to her with a sly smile as some of the newer employees didn't know that me and Namjoon go back. Honestly, we aren't friends but not acquaintances either. Our relationship is very strange indeed. 

"So where would it be?" The cat-eyed woman asked as I looked at a tree in the other team's zone. She looked very clueless in her casual outfit that seemed to fit her elegantly.  

"There." I pointed as I grabbed her hand to zoom past the crowd to find Namjoon's favorite book, The code. 

Done; Take care! Also I might take a mini break in four-five months because that's all the planning chapters I did. I find myself interested in writing book and out at the same time. That's what happened to this book as I wrote the first quarter in November, and the second quarter in February so you can see the changes and inconsistency as I make up the story as I go. Based on this pattern, I can safely assume that if this were to happen, I would be interested in picking up this story at the end of May but hopefully I start writing now because I don't want to do poorly on exams in June. Either way it'll be a bumpy ride. 

I was supposed to release my mini book for Chaeyoung but I've been having no time. I will get onto it next week which is spring break! 

Ciao!

AMC