quality time with my boy

Begrudgingly Taehyun brought me to the park to hang out with him so I could learn what happened in the past few years. Needless to say, I did want to find out what happened in the last five years I've been gone. My eyes fell on the ground as we walked alongside together with my phone chiming about a reminder for the next weekend being a horrible time with six other guys. Somehow Jennie and Lisa roped Yoongi into agreeing to come but he's truly too smitten with his girlfriend. 

I want to be official like them but we hadn't got that intimate yet and I didn't want to pressure her. My only question is if we are friends with benefits? Yet I highly doubt Jennie wants us to be that. Even now our relationship is strange even though we are getting married in the present and this past hardships changed me a lot. 

Of course Jennie now would slap me silly if I ever said that to her face now and even then. So maybe we were in the middle between being friends to lovers? It didn't matter much but we didn't really talk about where we stood at that point. We got closer to the point where we go on mini dates to that nearby cafe. 

"So V, what exactly do you do in your job?" Taehyun asked me curiously as I primarily worked as the first receptionist to greet people from work or those who entered the building. Those of who wanted to inquire about our business usually went to Tzuyu to answer as she recently got "promoted" to that task in which really Sharon retired to travel back home to England. 

"I am just a receptionist, it pays enough to live in a small place." I decided to look at the whirlwind of dogs approaching us with my heart pinging at the sight of them. I always wanted a dog to call my own. We always have the family dog, but I cannot take him away from my parents. The only thing stopping me now is the rent and the bills that I mainly still pay for. Otherwise a dog would be the first thing I would buy. 

"I thought you always wanted to be an idol? When you disappeared, we all thought you left to still pursue that dream?" Taehyun asked innocently but we both know that idols don't just debut when they are over 22. There are rare exceptions but I can't rejoin my company without prior disappointment. Besides there are other trainees who also deserve their touch of fame. At least people don't go looking for me everywhere. 

"So what do you now?" I asked instead trying to steer the conversation back to this prat. He rolled his eyes dramatically before running his hands through the grass. 

"I am studying here for university, also I wanted to reconnect with you again. Oh an my major is veterinary science because you know, I want to take care of the animals back home you know," Taehyun giggled before locking eyes with me again. It's so hard to be proud of my brother. I don't want to be apart of his world anymore, but at the same time, I am so proud of him for pursuing something he enjoys. Meanwhile I'm stuck as a receptionist, a very low salary receptionist who once had dreams on a stage.