out of my head

"Sorry for being late, the traffic was so bad!" A familiar voice rang out which brought me to look up to his clearly unchanged face that grew into shock as we stared at each other for about a couple seconds. He had a bewildered look as he sat across from me which obviously had to be the only open spot. How convenient.

These boys were smart to know that we had some history together and even Daniel seemed surprised as he knew Jimin for a long time before I did. 

Jimin. The heartbreaker. The Dancer. The famous kpop idol. 

My ex best friend who let go once he set foot on that floor. 

Now we engaged in a semi staring contest when we ate our food, I tried my best to ignore him but its hard when he put that ugly hair dye on his head again. I used to often tell him that he looked best in black and nothing else since it really pulled out his looks. 

"So this is interesting, V but how do you know Jimin? It's really obvious that you guys go back," Daniel finally blew the ice while at the same time he made Jimin flinch as he perhaps recalled the memory of the nickname that I proudly proclaim as my stage name if I ever got to debut. It's surprising he didn't call me out by my legal name. 

"We used to be good friends, after he debuted we lost contact." It's only half of the truth but it's not quite a lie either. 

"You aren't from Busan, so that only means that you were a...omg you were a trainee? No wonder why I recognized you! You were legendary back when we were young because you could belt the lowest stable vocals while having the most original visuals to die for. Literally I remember hearing from a plastic surgeon that your looks are truly one of a kind!" Daniel squeaked as his memories of Jimin introducing V as Taehyung rather which did confuse the former until the dots picked up to him. He perhaps knew who I was yet I didn't know if I hang around with Daniel back when I was a trainee. I didn't know I was popular but I believe it was due to the fact I did that small program where trainees would showcase their talent for an Mnet show. I got asked if I was willing to transfer again but I refused every time due to the faith I held. 

The rest of them also found some recognition since I may have been a popular trainee since I seemed like a social butterfly during school. Somehow that phase of my life became to distant for me to grasp as I became more like an adult. I didn't want to look to back because I know I am living a good life that I can afford and have new friends I guess that I can rely on for a different purpose. 

"V is your new name huh?" Jimin laughed as he had the same adorable smile that I fell in love with when he first shyly entered my class. I tried to laugh it off to, but I had so many questions that I couldn't fathom a smile. Instead I still bore that emotionless face of a broken boy who lost his friends before gaining a new identity as V Kim. 

"Yes, I am V. I don't like my old name, it's someone who got stuck in the past," I firmly stood my ground as I could feel Jimin's link grow distant as I knew that I pushed old friends too far before they somehow get into my skin. 

"I don't care what your name is, I just want my friend back! Jungkook told me that you left with no warning and then you come around with Daniel like you forgot everything. I am your best friend, Tae, I know I have been a bad one but I can't lose you!" Jimin's outcry made me realize how selfish I've been without talking to any of them. He didn't do anything wrong either, it's just the punk, Jungkook who got on my nerves. Yet, Jimin is an idol, I recognize his face in ads around town with his idol group. He has new friends and I cannot be there by his side. 

"Here's my number, I have to leave now anyways. I promised Jen that I would meet her for some little grocery shopping! Bye Daniel and his friends!" I escaped because I didn't want to stay longer with the past as it kept bringing the bad times unlike the memories that I cherished since they all link into something terrible. 

When Jimin found out about who Jen really is, he somehow intruded into my life. It turns out that I have a blind eye when it comes to how friends still love setting up their friends with supposed crushes. Although Jimin and I were in different worlds out of my head, we were brothers inside. 

Love you guys, stream Lovesick Girls! Remind me to update!