the code

"And you think it's up this tree?" The cat-eyed woman asked in amusement which made me roll my eyes yet I knew something that very few would know. If she wasn't too sarcastic I would have smiled more for pointing out my intelligence. 

Namjoon used to read the book, "The Code," every single day whenever he wanted to avoid me or our other friends, Jimin and Jungkook. We sometimes bickered about the smallest things but something that taught me to be more accepting of others is through his book. I was the only one who ever looked what was inside of the book when I left back to Daegu. He wanted me to see that it was blank pages with nothing but a few written works and sketches. It was rather disappointing but it was probably his way of avoiding three people bickering about something random. 

I asked him why he carried the book, and he said it was a play on words during those times we encountered heated battles among ourselves. Maybe we were being annoying so it was easier to remind ourselves about our own code that we held to be loyal to each other for a long time. 

The four of us used to hang out near a tree and sometimes Namjoon would pull out that book to "read." The other three of us weren't that interested in education as we had the false belief that we would make it big in the music industry. It's a dream that sadly many trainees hold because of how much money people make of being singers. On the other hand, Namjoon joined the music school by our entertainment company because his parents wanted him to see what raw talent looked like without the blackmail from rich people.  Also he had a knack of talent when it came to composing songs as well. 

I quit being a trainee soon after, but I heard that Jungkook decided to stick with the same company while Jimin transferred to another one. He soon became an idol as I last heard, but I don't listen to such foolish music again as it brings me memories of exhaustion in the dark practice room. I rather be at work than bust my body to fit the Korean ideals for a singer that could be perfectly labeled as a robot. 

I traced my fingers along the tree until I hit a ridge before tracing "The Code" on it and then hit me. I asked cat-eyed woman if I could look at her text and I almost wanted to roll on the floor laughing at the clue Namjoon gave. He definitely had a play on words on perhaps a meaningless quest until the last note read: doe ceth. 

Pretty clever, but if this was a reenactment of the code situation, then there should be a page in a flower pot. This was based on a prank that he pulled, so I remember the flower pot in the front. Let's just say that I am still scared of wearing sunflowers. The cat-eyed woman struggled to keep along with me as she tries to plead with me to follow the rules. Well, I stopped following the rules since it didn't get me nowhere, besides no rules didn't specify inferences or not to use one's instincts and prior knowledge. 

Then there it was in unclear daylight with a paper stuck to the bottom. I smirked and pulled it off before taking cat-eyed woman's hand and pressing the buzzer. Everyone was nearly surprised as the event should take a couple hours or so. Maybe I shouldn't have let the prospect of winning get to my head, but for some reason, I just wanted to. I don't want to keep staying behind the lines and seize my moment without the fear of my ego destroying it. 

"This is the valid final clue to this Team. Other teams, keep looking and you'll face off against them later on." Wheein replied with a curious nod from Namjoon. He smiled towards my direction and I felt we communicated a message about how effective our friendship was. 

The cat-eyed woman noticed something different between me and the CEO, and I could tell she knew that I wasn't any ordinary front desk secretary. She-devil must of warned her, but most of the employees in the Map, knew who I was based on my friendly relationship with the head CEO himself. Also for putting the she-devil through hell before she lashes off at a poor employee and tries to give her wrath back to me which proves to be unaffected. 

If we are stuck in this world where nothing exciting happens, then could we possibly overcome my fears and be together?

Sorry for posting like two weeks later! I am on a phase where I don't want to be on wattpad because I am recently not excited about Blackpink that much. However I do want to finish stories like this but the lack of content from Blackpink doesn't excite me anymore. I did see Lisa's video on Lilifilm but it looked like her Swalla Dance with different dance moves and it wasn't as eye catching to me as usual. 

Unless Blackpink has a comeback soon, I might not just be a blink anymore...but I won't hate the group because it brought me to kpop. 

Love,

AMC