roommate

If things couldn't get worse, my roommate thought beyond that stage with his noise. He continued strumming his racket as I put some ear plugs that only slightly worked to decrease the noise. Sometimes he proclaims that I'll be thankful when he becomes noticed, but in reality, nobody pays attention to people like us. Even he knows it but tries to be optimistic a bit after supposingly meeting somebody who lighten his spirits. Although to most people, he will act like the most grumpiest person that you'll ever know. 

"Yoongi if you don't stop playing, I swear I won't get up early for work!" I complained as I threw a pillow at him which made him touch the wrong key. He grunted before shooting a deadly look at me but he didn't do much as I paid for most of the rent. It started equal until I earned more by upgrading to a better job. The only reason why I didn't opt for my own apartment was because Yoongi would then have to stay in a more hostile environment. I hate to admit it, but I grew fond of the shorter guy with "no" emotions. 

"Fine, I'll play tomorrow. I have to go to the underground anyways." He ominously spoke as I rolled my eyes since he got most of his pay by betting that he'll be better than the other rapper. I have seen Yoongi win most of the time, but during those times he lost, he'll work hard to see what he could improve on. He complains about sleep as he works two shifts at a local grocery store, but he could quit the underground if he could get noticed for his mad skills. 

I remember the first time we met each other in Daegu, the day I ran away from home as I recall the shame of my parents telling me how I made a fool of them and myself. 

At the train station in the heart, away from the farms who could track me, I tapped my fingers along a bench. A slightly older boy sat beside me as he began humming an unfamiliar tune in a hoarse version. My head slowly nodded to the rhythm as I checked the clock every couple minutes. 

The train would leave in twenty minutes, and my parents would have got up by now. They might search for me, but maybe they are happy that I am leaving and taking away a burden. 

"You okay?" Yoongi asked me and at that time we never crossed paths as I was a country boy, he a city boy. 

"Well practically running away seems like it." I muttered which made his ears perk up at my somber voice. He looked at me with sincerity before something that was totally unlike himself afterwards. 

"I am running away from problems too. Although I know my family loves me, I want to become a star. Crazy right?" Yoongi held his hand out as I took and shook it gently. 

"You know if we are both headed for Seoul, then we could room together. Two Daegu boys taking the big city by storm." He illustrated the dream with too many bright colors which covered my thoughts. This felt like the path I was meant for, and it turns out it is. 

*ends flashback*

I waved my farewell to Yoongi before drowning into my dreamless sleep. There would be another brawl between us again over breakfast, and then I would continue to bicker with someone at the office. At these times, I am always thankful for having people who don't know the real me like the three others: Namjoon, Jungkook, and Jimin. 

SO sorry for updating this late of all time! Like I couldn't update for a week because I have so many school work to do and that's my first priority but now I have three-four weeks off to do something in the meantime. I am probably going to try finishing the book after taking a mini break on it! Look forward to once in a week updates if I forget T-T! 

Love, AMC