Let's talk

So. Mal and Kai ventured into Lloyd's soul realm and Talked with Lloyd and told him that Mal agreed to get the medical equipment to save him. And just catch up. But they had to leave when Lloyd's safe area was taken over by evil demon creature versions of Mal.

The ninja were staying at Kai's place for the next few weeks because they usually spent christmas  together. Usually they had it on the bounty but since it was so cold they didn't want kai to have to go outside in the cold and drive all the way to the bounty, so they decided to have at Kai and Lloyd's house this year. Nya woke up to noises coming from downstairs. She thought that there were robbers in the house so she quietly walked down the stairs with a knife in hand

But instead she saw Kai and Mal sitting in front of the fire place quietly talking. She didn't want to go upstairs because she barely made it down them without it making a loud creak. So she stayed where she was and tried to not listen to their conversation but gave in and ended eavesdropping.

(so for this part i'm going to write it a bit differently because it would be easier and faster for me that way)

Kai: I'm glad I was able to talk to him again.

Mal: Yeah. And I'm happy he wasn't mad at me for causing this.

Kai: Why would he? You told him it's because your parents bounded your souls together and his body couldn't handle your power. It's not your fault.

Mal: I know. I just feel like this all could have been avoided if I didn't have these powers. He would be fine if I was a normal alien. Not the powerful timekeeper.

Kai: Can you believe that's what his soul realm looks like now? 

Mal: I know. I mean I knew his soul realm wouldn't be normal. But his looks like an apocalypse. And those demon mutant creature versions of me........

Kai: It must have been hard for you to see that.

Mal: It was unnerving but I handled it. 

Mal: Somewhat...

Mal: Although fighting them is a whole other story. 

Kai: I know! Seriously those things pack a powerful punch.

Mal: Yeah. I mean one of those things threw me THROUGH a 5 foot thick wall of concrete. 

Mal: I'm surprised he's been able to survive this long with those things around. Hopefully I can get the Medical tech before those things completely  destroy his soul realm.

Kai: Speaking of which how long until you can get that medical equipment?

Mal: Well I can get it right now but I wouldn't survive a single second after returning from the future. I have to train myself so then I don't die immediately. My body won't be able to handle absorbing so much temporal energy.

Kai: Oh. That makes sense. I don't think we want you dead.

Mal: Yeah. And If i died the temporal energy would leave my body in an explosion and Earth would be destroyed.

Kai: Oh. Then we definitely don't want you to die.

They continued talking for hours and by this time Nya had left. She didn't care if the stairs creak and they heard. She wanted to go back to bed and get some sleep. Especially since tomorrow was christmas eve and she knew they all had big plans.

Kai looked at the calendar on his phone and sighed.

"Three days until Lloyd has the baby." He said.

"Well I better train a lot more." Mal said.