Chapter 11

Akeno and Mikky made their way back to Minerva's orphanage, with most of the staff freaking out about Akeno's beautiful true form. They were blown away by her rich beauty, and gently ran their fingers through her fur and hair, careful not to grab or touch too much, but all of them wanting to touch the Goddess before them.

Many of them expected Akeno to stand up to the King herself, and demand he step down since she was the one true ruler of everything. Thankfully, Akeno seemed to have her head, and explained to them that even though she was a Goddess, she did not rule anything or anyone. She was simply another being passing through the town, willing to help however she could. But she wouldn't be smiting him unless he gave her a reason to.

She gently waved them off and explained that she was going to take a quick nap as she had been up all night, and she headed upstairs.

Mikky found herself sitting beside Minerva once more who shot the fox an amused glance. "I see you were just a little too worried about what might happen, not taking into account the Goddess could have simply gotten lost."

"How do they know she's a Goddess? I thought you weren't going to tell anyone?" Mikky asked.

Minerva shrugged, glancing towards the stairs before looking back at the Fox. "Sometimes people just need hope. What's more hopeful than a Goddess trying to stop the corruption in the city?"

"Well that Goddess didn't want people knowing she was a Goddess." Mikky retorted.

"She had every oportunity to stop me, but she didn't." Minerva rolled her eyes. "You came in looking pretty happy you found her. Are you sure you two aren't friends?"

Mikky glanced down at her hands before sighing deeply. "We're probably friends now, but I wouldn't say good friends. She stayed to help which scores some points in my book, but I don't even know if I want to stay."

"You don't want to help?"

"I want to help. But the longer I stay in a town stealing, the more the guards begin to fight back." She answered, glancing up at Minerva with a guilty expression. "They're going to figure out I'm staying with you, and they're going to punish these kids for it."

Minerva sighed and looked towards the door as three soldiers made their way in being escorted by one of the staff. "Lady Minerva, these men were calling for you specifically. They have things they need to discuss."

Mikky turned her head, knowing her eye and tattoos were not visible from where she was sitting, and focused on making them disappear just in case said soldiers came stomping around.

Minerva stood up and made her way over to them, crossing her arms over her chest. "Can I help you?" Minerva asked.

"There was a reported sighting of the Master Thief entering this facility. Therefore we will need to search it." The soldier answered matter-of-factly.

"No. You will not." Minerva narrowed her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"If you think you can search it without my permission, you're more than welcomed to try. But I'd hope you don't have families expecting you to return to them." She answered.

"You dare defy the king?" The leader of the group snapped.

"You dare act like the land you stand on doesn't belong to me? Even the King has been graciously living on Stargazer land, pretending it's his own. It's disgusting that he thinks he can get away with it."

"What would you propose we do then? Return saying we were scared off by a Stargazer with no backing from her mother?"

"Zia has never been kind to me. In fact, I never expected her to send aid. I expected to have to rip the King out of my castle myself, but I've recently gained two new allies who I think will make the whole thing much easier for me. And much harder for the King."