Chapter 41

Mikky dashed forwards, slamming her palm into Loki's chest before he could blink, practically appearing in front of him. He fell backwards only to have Mikky take two steps and slam her boot into his chest, throwing him into several spears that broke from the impact.

The ground sizzled and burned at her footsteps, and the spears she walked passed seemed to melt from her presence alone. He scrambled backwards, trying to regain his footing only for Mikky to throw her arm forward where a white ribbon jumped from around her arm and grabbed his. She pulled her arm backwards dragging him towards her so she could punch her fist into his head.

He hit the dirt and rolled away to dodge her boot that slammed into the ground with white flames flowing up her leg.

"Mikky?" Came Minerva's voice as Edon jumped and landed beside her. The wolf put a gentle hand on Minerva's shoulder, making sure she would not charge into the battle.

"Akeno is with her. She'll have to pull her out of this." Edon explained.

"But what if Akeno is just as angry? And that's why both their powers are working?" Minerva asked.

"We'll just have to hope that's not the case." Edon sighed.

Loki went to run away, dodging and weaving between the spears and listening to a few of them shatter as Mikky chased after him. Just as he was reaching the edge of the spears white ribbons lashed out from between them creating an almost perfect wall. He went to cut through them, but they refused to break, and instead sparked off his blades like metal.

"You can wield Glepnir so effectively?!" Loki whined.

Mikky punched her arm forwards, and the ribbons jumped off her arm once again. He managed to roll out of the way, trying to get around her. He flexed the daggers in his hands only for Mikky to skid in front of him, and trip him. He rolled across the ground and stood up, leaning on a spear only for Mikky to drop kick him into it. It once again broke, and this time he was laying in a pile of broken shards of glass.

He scrambled backwards, his hands getting cut up against the broken pieces as he tried to get away from Mikky who was now standing over him. She pressed her boot into his chest, pinning him to the ground with a sickening sizzling sound as the flames burned away the armor on his torso. He tried to grab her ankle but burned his hands in doing so. When he tried to reach for his weapons, the ribbons wrapped around his arms and pulled them aside.

Mikky grabbed a spear at her side and pulled it from the ground, her eyes never leaving the fear filled expression of Loki's. She raised the weapon over her head, ready to spear it through the man's body.

Stop!

Mikky's body refused, like someone was pulling against her. Like hands were holding her back. Her eyes glanced around her own body, trying to find the source, but found nothing. Instead, she realized the hands were her own.

"Don't try to stop me!" Mikky snapped, pressing down on his chest harder.

If you kill him then you make him right. You are not an animal. Akeno's voice called. Do not let him make you one.

"Make me one? How does me killing him make me the animal? He's a psychopath and a murderer! Would you have spared him if you were given the chance?" Mikky trying once again to bring the weapon down over her head.

Loki pulled against the ribbons, trying desperately to escape and run for his life. The expression on his face filled Mikky with delight. She had never been happier to see someone who caused her pain so terrified of the reality. That he was the weak, pathetic creature begging for mercy.