Chapter 17

Mikky had felt the thrill of battle many times. She had felt the adrenaline as she attacked and defended against an opponant. But she had never felt at peace while doing so. She was excited and ready for the battle, but she was also calm and collected.

Lupa did not seem to like the idea of this happening before her. If anything the seething anger on her expression told Mikky that this was something she wanted from Edon but never recieved. With Akeno inside her she could sense the hatred and spite that Lupa held in her heart. There was pure anger that radiated off of her like rain water.

"Kill her." Lupa snarled, gripping her spear tightly and aiming at them. The wolves snarled before dashing forwards with gnashing maws. Mikky stepped forward to meet one, slashing upwards with a gust of fire following after the blade. She sliced through the wolf like butter, throwing it over her head where the burning creature slammed into the ground behind her.

As another lept from her side she ducked low, spinning as she did and slashing her blades across two other wolves who were attempting to close the distance before flipping backwards towards Lupa. As the werewolf stabbed her spear forward, Mikky ducked backwards balancing mostly on one leg with some assistance from her tail as she leaned backwards. The spear struck air, gliding across the front of her vest while she slashed Lupa's thighs with both her flaming swords. She was far enough away that she wasn't able to cut into them well, but enough that she caused burning damage to the werewolf's legs.

Lupa snarled and stepped back, pulling her spear up to block as Mikky used her quick momentum to flip backwards again before sliding downwards between Lupa's legs before she could correct herself. As Mikky stood up she dragged her swords up Lupa's back, setting her furs on fire. The werewolf spun around, swinging her spear over Mikky's head as the cat ducked again before coming back up right in Lupa's face and stabbing her sword forwards.

Lupa managed to side step the motion, Mikky's flaming blade sailing right past her hip lighting more of her furs on fire. The cat spun to the left as Lupa attempted to stab at her again with her spear. Mikky wrapped her left arm around the spear preventing her from pulling it back and locking her in place. Mikky stabbed forwards again preventing Lupa from dodging very easily. The werewolf managed to lean just out of the way before her muscles tensed and she ripped the spear from Mikky's grasp, pulling her forward where she grabbed her by the neck with her other hand, lifting her several feet above the ground effortlessly. Before Mikky could retaliate Lupa slammed her spear into Mikky's stomach.

Mikky whined in pain dropping her swords to wrap her fingers around the shaft of the spear. Lupa grinned as her form shifted, changing into her werewolf form. Her fur was a dark black and her eyes were a vicious yellow as her paw still wrapped around her spear and the other around Mikky's neck. She now stood seven feet tall leaving Mikky's feet dangling almost nine feet above the ground.

"You may possess the power of a God. But you don't know how to use it." Lupa snarled.

Mikky felt Akeno's presence push forwards. She felt like the Goddess had pushed past her, pulling Mikky into the back of her own mind while still leaving her completely aware of everything while Akeno stepped into her shoes.

"But I do." Akeno snarled with Mikky's voice, the metal heating up quickly and turning red hot in a matter of seconds. Lupa whined and released the shaft as Mikky wrapped her other hand around the werewolf's wrist burning the flesh and fur of the creature. It released her and Mikky's feet ignited the ground around her where she took Lupa's staff in her hand before spinning it around her body and holding it behind her as her other hand was held out in front of herself, palm forward, taking a low stance. The wound in Mikky's stomach closing before Lupa's very eyes.

The werewolf roared in rage. "She surrenders herself so easily to you!? Why would she be so foolish as to trust a demon like you!?"

Mikky couldn't help but realize she most certainly did not conscent to this, though her body no longer felt far away anymore.