Chapter 31

When Mikky and Akeno returned to the castle they found everyone back in the study. Vincent had rejoined Minerva and Edon with the former two speaking of city plans while Edon read in the corner. When Mikky and Akeno peeked in, Edon gently ushered them out and stepped out with them.

"They're really into it, I'd suggest leaving them be for the moment." Edon explained. "How did it go in the town?"

Mikky shrugged a bit, still carrying the basket of apples in one arm. "Honestly, it went better than I expected. Somehow it didn't escalate to violence."

"That's good to hear. Though I doubt Minerva would have been upset if you had to push a few people around." Edon noted. "The alpha of the pack often has to deal with challengers. Unfortunately with wolves this usually does lead to violence."

"Thankfully they're not wolves." Akeno smiled gently. "Though they honestly could have fooled me."

"They were ready to attack us had Akeno not threatened to burn them." Mikky chuckled a bit. "Thankfully they were then scared off. Is there any news on Shiva?"

"One of the doctors came down and said that she was awake. Minerva and I went to check on her and found that she's still very tired and disoriented. She falls in and out of consciousness because of how exhausted she is, but her fever has gone down significantly."

"That's good to hear." Akeno smiled before frowning again. "Does she seem upset in any way?"

"At the moment we're not sure how much she remembers. She may not remember anything after being turned if that's when she lost control. Otherwise she may only have bits and pieces, or perhaps she may remember everything. Until we know for certain we're just keeping an eye on her and making sure she's able to get back on her feet soon." Edon motioned down the hall getting Mikky and Akeno to follow after her as she led them to Shiva's room. "The poor girl needs an explanation but couldn't stay awake long enough to get one."

"How long ago was this?" Mikky questioned.

"A few moments after you two left so it's been a few hours. There's always the chance that now she's fine but she hasn't requested to speak to anyone yet. The doctors are with her to make sure she's okay so none of us are worried."

When they came up on Shiva's door there were two guards standing at the ready beside it like they were protecting Shiva, but it was also likely to make sure she stayed put. The door was opened and as the three girls walked past the guards bowed their heads in respect.

They entered into what was an exact replica of Mikky and Akeno's room, with Shiva resting on the bed with one doctor preparing medicine at the desk, and the other sitting on a chair beside Shiva's bed. The newly turned human was sitting up with her back resting against a pillow pushed against the headboard and was talking with the doctor before her. They were both smiling gently and both looked over as the other's came in.

When Shiva's now hazel eyes locked on Akeno her smile widened and she held out a hand to her. "You, you saved me, yes?"

Her arm was bandaged in many places, as were parts of her forehead, head, chest and shoulders. There was a blanket over her legs and some of those bandages had blood stains on them, though they looked fresh and clean.

Akeno moved over to the bed and gently took her hand with a smile. "I did what I could. We did not want to kill you when you never asked for your fate in the first place."

"How did you know?" Shiva questioned.

Akeno glanced back at Mikky who waved nervously. "That is the Master Thief who stole the Blind Seer's eye. She is a Seer herself and saw a vision of Agora turning you because you became friends with Alice."