Chapter 33

Mikky and Akeno stayed in the castle for a few more days until Shiva told them that she was ready to go. Before she left she asked to speak with everyone together so she could explain things from her point of view.

They learned that Alice was never the sick and twisted creature that they all thought she was. But instead, that while she was broken and very detached, her brother's ability was to copy the darkest parts of a person's soul and create an entirely new being out of that evil. A being that wouldn't always obey him, but would act acording to the wants of that evil persona.

He had created two pure evil versions of Alice, one of which Agora slaughtered because it wanted to over take him. The second copy obeyed Agora to the letter, not wanting to end up like it's other. Basically allowing Agora to have two versions of Alice who would kill for him. The real Alice still obeyed and did what she was told for the most part, but she was not a mindless drone like people had thought.

Shiva spoke of the stories that Alice had told her. Of her mother never wanting to be a vampire but was forced to by Agora for her beauty. He forced her to bare his children leaving her first born son she had with another man to die of old age while she never aged a day. After he was given two children he mostly let the woman return to her home where she and her son tried searching for a cure.

While Alex wanted nothing to do with his weak willed mother, Alice wanted to learn what it was to be human, so her mother showed her all the beautiful parts. She got to play with her older brother and be happy, until Agora slaughtered her brother right in front of the child. Killing him like cattle and forcing Alice to watch. He then forced Alice to kill her mother and when she refused he beat and abused her until she couldn't take the pain anymore.

So she killed the woman she had come to love, and lost two of the most important people in her life.

And that crippled her. She shut herself down and basically hid in her own mind, killing the people she was told to and ignoring everyone else. She eventually started to open up again to Shiva, only to have Agora turn her and throw her to the wolves.

"It seems this Alice has had a terrible backstory." Akeno noted.

"Tell me Akeno, if someone has had a terrible past, does that justify spending the last thousand years slaughtering innocent people?" Minerva asked.

"Even I can't agree with that." Edon glanced to Akeno curiously.

"I did not say that her acts of murder can be overlooked. I simply made an observation." Akeno corrected, narrowing her eyes at the others. "But it should also be noted that just because one has done those things does not mean they always will."

"I thought we talked about how people don't always change?" Mikky crossed her arms over her chest.

"I understand that. But look at the circumstances. She is only killing people because she has no other guidance. Her family and friends are always torn away from her and her father does not allow her to refuse. If she had a way to be safe away from him she could perhaps try and start over."

"Unfortunately as long as Alex is alive there is no way she would ever be safe. Vampire twins share part of a soul as do some of the other races. In the case with vampires one is able to see, hear, and smell through their other half. Anything that Alice knows her brother will know and vice versa. They're also able to push their consciousness through each other allowing one to possess the other. I'm sure Alice can resist this but it's still something to consider."

"So... Alice can't know what will happen to Shiva." Akneo noted. "Or Alex will go looking for her."

"That's correct. Do not tell Alice where you'll be going. Just make sure she knows you're alright." Minerva explained.