Chapter 13

Mikky stared at the large gate in front of the castle. This would be the first time she entered through the main gate through any castle, not just this one. Not only that, but it would be the first time she would be going in with back up of some kind.

Akeno didn't seem like she was at all intimidated by said castle since she was casually strolling beside Mikky and Minerva like she was about to go on an adeventure of some kind.

Minerva had a scowl on her face, telling them that she had no intention of playing nicely with the King. She was honestly looking forward to charging in with Mikky and Akeno at her back. She could see a few guards on the battlements staring down at them like they were wondering how they were going to get through the gate.

"Mikky." Minerva called, pointing to the battlement at the top. "Would you mind opening the gate? I'll give you a boost."

Mikky rolled her eyes and stepped back as Minerva braced herself against the wall and folded her hands in front of herself, ready to catch the cat's foot and hoist her up. Mikky sprinted forwards, and Minerva tossed her the twenty feet perfectly, allowing her to easily step onto the wall right in front of a guard who stared at her in complete shock before sprinting away. She stepped onto the walkway itself and pushed the lever raising the gate.

She leaned over the opposite side and watched as Minerva and Akeno entered without any further resistance as most of the guards had ran away. She hopped down beside them, landing effortlessly beside the Fox who shot her a smirk as they made their way through the courtyard and up towards the castle.

"I see it didn't take the three of you long to attack me." A sturdy man's voice called from above them. They looked up to see the King standing on a balcony staring down at them with a glare. He was wearing a blue robe with golden accents and was holding a short golden dagger in his hand.

"You didn't leave us much choice." Minerva retorted, crossing her arms as she glared up at him.

"You brought this on yourself Minerva." The man scoffed, rolling his eyes like he was astounded that the vampire could be so stupid.

"You mistreat the people of this city and you think conflict is her fault?" Akeno questioned.

"This is my city!" He snapped, leaning over the railing as he glared at them. "I won't have some fake Stargazer tell me otherwise!"

"Then you leave us no choice but to fight you." Minerva answered.

"The Master Thief doesn't seem too interested in a fight." The King smirked, motioning towards that cat who shrugged nonchalantly at the man.

"Conflict isn't usually in my nature. I'm a thief, not a warrior."

"Then you won't be of much use in this battle."

"I didn't say I couldnt fight. Just that I don't find it necessary."

"Get off my land." The King snapped, clearly not wanting to speak anymore as he raised his dagger. The front door to the castle was kicked opened by at least ten suits of golden armor, wielding huge golden weapons. As Minerva and Akeno faced the ones that were now charging down the steps towards them, Mikky glanced up at the four holding golden bows and preparing to take shots at them.

Before Mikky could warn her, Minerva was shot in the back with one of those golden arrows. She snarled and stumbled forwards before breaking the arrowhead off said arrow that was now sticking out her front. She snarled and held her hands out towards them where the golden warriors were lifted off the ground by an unseen force and thrown towards the King's balcony.

The heavy warriors crashed against the railing, crushing it under their weight. The King himself was knocked off the balcony, but one of the golden warriors broke his fall by jumping up to catch him. The impact looked like it hurt though, as the King gripped his side for a moment before drawing his sword as the vampire moved towards him.