Chapter 23

"What does that even mean?" Camelia questioned, staring at the fox who was begining to make a small campsite beside her sleeping companion.

"I believe that her predecessor was killed before she was able to actually leave, and her soul has since been trapped in limbo before finding its way into our Master Thief here."

"I don't understand. Old Gods? Forgotten Realms? What are you talking about?"

"Before Juno and Neptune there were other Pantheons of Gods that existed here. The Egyptian Pantheon existed long before I was created, and long before the Romans were created by Ragnarok. They were created even before the Norse who left this world for the human one. And the Greeks and Romans who still reside here, trapped and bound out of this world."

"If you were not alive yet, then how do you know of them?"

"Juno told me. She explained that after the other pantheons, excluding the Egyptian and Norse,
created Elysium to do their jobs for them. They began to see that Elysium was creating monsters in their realms. They always had monsters which they hunted for sport, but these demons that were being created were abominations. They were everything that was evil in their eyes, and could not be redeemed. When Exodious started to cultivate these creatures, and began to corrupt the other voices in Elysium, the Egyptions took their worshipers and fled." Akeno explained. "They cracked the very dimension of Exodious itself into pieces and hid themselves away behind impenatrable ancient magics. Where not even the other Gods would ever be able to reach them."

"They took the ancient races, didn't they? That's why the Elves and Dwarves are nothing but ancient and buried ruins. They followed the Old Gods."

"That's correct." Akeno nodded.

"So Mikky is the reincarnation of one of those Old Gods then?"

"I believe her to be Neith, the Goddess of Fate." Akeno explained. "She was one of the older ones, and I think her death was the final straw. After she was killed, the Old Gods left to prevent anyone else from being killed."

"But Gods don't die." Camelia questioned, looking down at the unconscious woman.

"It's difficult, but very much possible. It's likely whomever killed her attempted to collect her soul and for the most part succeeded. But only recently was the soul released and able to rebuild."

"I don't know anything of the Egyptian pantheon. The dragons mostly worship the Romans now since the Norse left us."

"I always thought it was strange that the Norse Gods did not take their creations with them when they left. Why leave the dragons here?"

"I suppose it turned out well in the end, because the Romans gave us new gifts." Camelia shook her head. "Don't derail me. You think the Master Thief is supposed to be a God?"

"It is interesting though. The Egyptian pantheon is known for most of their dieties to be associated with animals. But Neith is never pictured being an animal. Instead, since she was said to be the first God, and the 'Prime Creator', it's likely that she created the other dieties in the image of animals rather than people."

"Wait, wait, wait. You said she was the Goddess of Fate. Not the 'Prime Creator'. You can't just add new stuff in your explanation."

"Neith was the first God that Ragnarok created, and in doing so, it was her who was given a large portion of his power. She created the other Gods for Ragnarok to prove that she was loyal to him. Even when the other Gods began to distance themselves from him, she was always there to pull them back on track. When the Gods rebelled against him, it was her who was connected to him to still hear his whispers and commands. It was her who continued his goals in creating the perfect world. She altered her own Fate in order to remain his loyal servant for all time." Akeno explained, sitting beside Mikky and gently running her fingers across the cat's cheek. "She had the power to alter reality by weaving the strings of fate thoughout the world. She was so attuned to those weaves, that she knew which ones to cut to end a person's life, and which ones to add to gift immortality."