Prologue

K A R E E M

I let a black and mild hang from my mouth as I sat in Sweet Paradise, a local strip club waiting to make a move. My eyes roamed a couple of the dancers that were twirling around on the pole and collecting money from men who were hoping to fuck before the night was over.

Isis, one of the strippers made eye contact with me before going down into a split giving me a smirk. I threw a wad of cash at her before turning my attention to my two brothers, Dante and O'Sage as they drunk liquor and argued back and fourth with eachother, the usual.

Observing the strip club I noticed a couple of middle aged white men enter still in business suits and raised an eyebrow. This wasn't normal around these parts but I figured they came all the way to the ghetto so they wouldn't be in fear of being caught by their spouse or whatever.

"Ion think we should be doing this anymore" Dante complained and I turned to look at him irritated slightly.

O'sage slapped him on the back of the head for me and I nodded thanking him. O'sage and Dante weren't my biological brothers but I'd known them since I was a little shorty so they might as well be family, only friends I had, everyone else was only associates.

Isis bent over revaling the G string stuffed with cash and with that I took a sip of my drink before standing and motioning for them to follow me reciving the signal. Normally i'd come here only to indugle with the strippers but not this time. This time I came here for buisness and some answers.

As O'sage, Dante and I made out way to the back I slide a couple hundreds to the guard infront of the door leading to an office were my fathers childhood best friend ran his business. O'sage and I went inside leaving Dante to guard the door and to let us known when it was time to go.

Walt Turner was a fat ugly nigga and was sneaky which I didn't realize until I got older. Closing the door behind us I stared at him with a death glare and he motioned for the big girl on his lap to leave out and she did being sure to strut past us like she was something i'd want.

"Kareem I didn't know you were back, Thought you got ran out of the city" Walt stated still shocked to see me standing in front of him. I grinned stepping closer to his desk as he began to sweat from his forehead because he knew he had been caught in the trap he had set for me.

"When I came to talk to you about what happened to my father you gave me false information. But as it turns out all fingers are pointing at you, you set him up didn't you?" I asked and he quickly stood up and cames towards me only for O'sage to pull out his gun stopping him from coming any closer.

"I did what I did for a reason, your father is dead and he's not coming back. You lurking around trying to find out answers is only going to hurt you in the end I mean haven't you heard the saying? Be careful when knocking on the devils door because he just might answer?" Walt questioned and I chuckled.

"I got nothing to loose man, you of all people should know that" I told him carelessly as I took out my gun and he backed up into the wall in fear. I knew he was leaving a bunch of shit out and all I wanted was my damn answers.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into, I loved your father like a brother and I wouldn't kill him" Walt stated trying to sound innocent but his body language told a different story.

I stepped closer to him making him sit down in his chair and close his eyes like I was some nightmare he wanted to disappear.

"You of all people should know I'm real good at reading people and I don't like to be lied to. My father was in the drug business and I'm aware of that we all grown in this room" I let him know and he rubbed his forehead.