【56】The Nerd Herd

When we exited the San José Airport, I think each one of us wondered why we were stubbornly living in Seattle

When we exited the San José Airport, I think each one of us wondered why we were stubbornly living in Seattle. This place was warm and dry, it had palm trees, not a cloud in sight, beautiful sun, fantastic light... It was just incredible. I already knew going back to Seattle would break my heart when the time would come.

Anyhow, we came out of the airport feeling as confident as those astronauts in Armageddon but probably looking more like a bunch of overheated geeks.

The cab, a black minibus, took us to our hotel downtown, and when we passed the convention center, the driver pointed it out for us. We also passed in front of many big tech companies, and I didn't know about the others, but this place felt like the center of the world to me.

We arrived at the hotel, which was quite luxurious, even though it wasn't the Hilton, and we followed Lex in the vast, modernly decorated hall. He took care of our reservations, talking with the receptionist, and I noted how affected she was by the man. There was no way a sane human being could bat their eyes that much unless they were being flirty.

Yes, he is ridiculously hot. Get over it.

Lex came back after a few minutes of talking with the pretty blonde, and he cleared his throat. "All right. I have one room with two twin beds, for Brian and Steven, in case you guys need to work on your presentation, rehearse and prepare," he explained, giving them two keycards. "Then, one room with two twins and a queen, for you three," he continued, gesturing at Oli, Mace, and Joseph.

"Dibs on the queen," Mason quickly interviewed.

"As if there would be any confusion," Oliver joked.

Lex gave them a haughty eyebrow raise, indicating that now wasn't the time for childishness. He still handed them the cards and then extended one over to me. "Andrea, you have a single room with a queen bed."

Since he was so specific about bed sizes, I couldn't help but ask the question burning on my tongue. "What size is your bed, then?"

It was asked in a perfectly innocent manner, and none of the guys had any reaction. Lex, however, knew where this came from, and when he looked down at me, the heat in his eyes made my knees weak.

"Kingsize," he answered gravely.

And just like that, I need an underwear change.

The guys were too busy talking about all the things they would do to notice anything, but damn, it had been insanely hot. He knew shit was gonna go down in his bed.

Sensing myself melt under his intense gaze, I shook myself out of the sultry trance he'd just put me in and grabbed my suitcase's handle. "Well, I'm going to freshen up, and we all meet back here in thirty minutes, is that it?" I asked. Lex approved, and we all moved to the elevators. The ride up was as effervescent as the entire morning had been, talking, speculating, anticipating...