26) Remembrance Day.

You see, in this great land by the name of Britain, the people remember the soldiers who died in World War One fighting. I don't know how it works in the far flung lands of Wonderland, Never land and let's not forget the most important one of all, Narnia, but that's what we do here. And we take out 2 minutes of silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

You know what I don't get? The whole point behind this. We're supposed to remember all these soldiers but what's the point? How's that going to help us or help them?

Sure, they were brave in fighting and dying for their country and I get it and respect that but they did it willingly. They made a choice to go to war and fight for their country. And we shouldn't forget that fact but like I said, what difference does it make?

Oh and before you say that we should remember the effects that the soldiers' deaths had on their families, bitch, that was 96 years ago. 96 years ago, the war ended and 100 years ago, it started. That's essentially this generation's great grandfathers. I don't know about you but my great grandfathers died before I was born and it hasn't made an impact on my life. If it was our fathers or grandfather's then I'd get it, but this whole thing was a long time ago.

Not only that, but why remember such a war? It wiped out a whole generation for fuck's sake and don't even get me started on why it all began. Why do we want to remember such a disastrous event? Yes, we learn from the mistakes we made in history but we don't learn about that shit on remembrance day.

On the flip side, why do we only remember the soldiers who died in WW1? What is so special about it? What about WW2? What about all the other wars that were fought and are still being fought? Aren't all the soldiers who went to war and go to war brave? If the soldiers who died in WW1 are remembered on this day, even if it only for a mere 2 minutes, doesn't every single soldier who died and will die fighting for their country deserve the same remembrance , the same recognition?

Because at the end of the day, they are all human beings with families they left behind to fight.

I think that's my main problem with Remembrance day, the fact that they only remember the soldiers who died fighting in WW1. I think all soldiers who have ever died serving deserve to be remembered too.

The only good thing I see coming out of this is all the money raised by selling the poppies. And people don't even realise this. All people think is that the money is going to charity. They don't even know what the money does or how it helps people. And no, it does not help the descendents of those who died in WW1, if you're reading this, frilly knickers. It actually helps the dependents of those who have gone to war or those who have died fighting.

So Remembrance Day is kind of pointless.

I hope you liked this rant and if you did, vote and comment your opinions.

Later folks

~Izzy