Shouto Todoroki

2
𝐼    𝐿 𝒪 𝒮 𝒯    𝐻 𝐸 𝑅

["Im not scared of them..." He pauses, his fingers interlocking with yours, heart beating out of his chest. "Im just scared I'm gonna lose you."]

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

This had been the longest time I had used my quirk constantly, and my Quirk drawbacks had now become extremely obvious. My entire body was shaking from the cold, and I was becoming sluggish.

An hour was a long time to be waiting for backup, and you noticed it was starting to take a toll on Shouto too.

"Left!" I yelled, Shouto dodging to the left as I instructed, just barely missing the barrage of iron projectiles he the villain shot.

I leapt out of the way, ice shooting from my hands and protecting the people behind me who were helping each other escape the combat we were engaged in with the villain.

I turned around, throwing up a wall of ice on instinct, the wall catching a group of spikes in mid-air.

I let out a shaky sigh, my breath coming out in puffs of cold air, swirling around me and quickly dissolving into nothing.

The villain kept shooting the metal projectiles towards the civilians as they attempted escape, and I shot up more walls, keeping them as safe as I could, buying Shouto as much time as he needed, and as much as I could provide.

He lept forward, his fire side roaring to life, and for the first time, I saw legitimate fear spark in his eyes as he hurled himself at the iron villain.

I felt my legs grow weak with growing exhaustion that built up inside me, but I forced myself up and over to the people fleeing.

There was only a few more people who hadn't managed to escape, which made my job easier. The second they were out the door, All my ice melted and I almost collapsed, but once again, I forced myself up, and I ran towards Shouto.

When I finally reached him, half of his costume was burnt off from the overuse of his fire, and frost that looked glued tight to his skin shone brightly in the light.

I sent a barrage of ice shards flying toward the villain, though he managed to escape almost unscathed, other than the crushed ice that poked like thorns on his bare feet.

"That's all you got, kid? Stain would want you dead the second you were accepted into that damn High School!" He yelled, a giant grin on his face, which sent chills down my spine.

I shook my head, feeling ice creep up my arms. Within seconds, I was on him, Ice covering my hands like giant gauntlets, sending punch after punch at the villain.

He let out a sharp grunt as I made a suggestively hard punch to his gut sending him flying. He recovered quickly, preparing to attack me.

I shot myself backwards at the sound of Shouto's voice, and the second I landed safely on the ground, he took off, landing sharper punches to the man, who staggered and grunted in pain.

Shouto landed softly next to me, his hands grazing over my injuries as frost flocked over the many cuts that littered my body as often as the side of a highway.

The villain suddenly lunged toward us, and I instinctually shoved Shouto out of the way, my heart pounding in my ears as I rolled myself to the ground, a metal shard slicing straight through my arm, the sickening sound of muscle and bone snapping as I bit back a
blood-curtling scream.

I flipped myself over, freezing my arm.

I let out a scream as I was kicked in the ribs, the feeling in my body now completely gone.

I heard Shouto let out a thunderous yell, his voice screaming my name, worry and anger prominant in his voice.

I felt my body go limp, but my eyes didn't close, and my breathing didn't cease. My heart continued to beat faster and faster, and everything becoming blurry...

But my heart didn't stop. In fact, I felt it race even more than before, and I felt as if I just had an energy drink.

Before I knew it, there was a unique chorus of voices, and whimpers of my fellow classmates when they saw my condition.

Before I knew it, I was being cradled in Shouto's arms, pools of tears streaming down his frost-covered face.

"(Y/N)...!" He murmured, his arms wrapped around me. "Stay awake for me, love, okay?"

"...I will..." I managed to murmur, my hand slowly cupping his cheek and wiping away his fallen tears. He moves his his hand up to mine, pressing his face into my palm and pressing a light kiss on it, tears pricking at his eyes again.

"Keep your eyes on me, Okay?" He manages a tiny smile. I manage a nod, feeling the blood drain from my body as my hand fell to my side. "Hey!" He shakes my shoulders, urging my eyes awake. "You need to stay awake. I have something to ask you later. Can you stay awake for me?!" His eyes were frantic, his voice shaking.

This time, I stayed quiet, my eyes urging me to close them, the air stinging my eyes.

He pressed his head into the crook of my neck as Recovery Girl runs up, her eyes widening.

"Todoroki... (Y/N)...!" She shrieks at my frozen arm, but I couldnt be bothered to listen. My heart was pounding in my ears, my body numb. The only thing I could feel was Shouto, His heartrate skyrocketing.

"Shouto..." I manage to say, my voice no more than a whisper. "I can't." I finally let my eyes close, allowing the last bit of blood exit my body, the only sound I heard now was the pounding of my own heart, until it slowed to a painful stop.

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

The second he felt you go limp in his arms, the tears that previously pricked at his eyes fell, soaking into your hero costume.

He began rocking back and fourth, your body in his arms as his tears fell silently.

It didn't matter who was near, everyone felt responsible for the death of the Hero-In-Train In, because if only backup had arrived faster, if not for the delays they took, she may of still been alive, her heart still beating and fluttering when Shouto would come along and greet her in the mornings.

Out of everyone, It hit Shouto the hardest, and the longest. He was going to ask you to be his girlfriend that day, but now, instead of holding your hands and asking, "Will you be my girlfriend?" He's setting flowers on your grave, and asking, "Will you ever come back to me?"

══════◄••❀••►══════
Word Count: 1139