Denki Kaminari (Soulmate AU)

2 0

𝑅 𝐼 𝒫 𝒯 𝐼 𝒟 𝐸

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

Quirk: Conductive Energy

Users can draw power, energy, or electricity from a metropolitan landscape.

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

I took a deep breath, stepping outside of the stuffy classroom. Running down the hall I pushed open the hallway doors and skipped outside, laughing as the wind greeted me. It whipped my hair around my face. Clouds painted the sky grey, the faint sprinkle of water drumming down from them as a near rain begun to ride in. I had always thought lucky of myself, seeing as I had assumed I had not a soulmate. I pulled up my hoodie sleeve, rubbing at the tattoo on my wrist. Of course, I hadn't the slightest idea of who they really were, but I didn't want to know nor care about who they were, so the tattoo was constantly hidden away from everyone behind my hoodie sleeves.

A few students strode past me, passing glances and giggles to each other as they stepped down the small pair of stairs. I merely hopped over all three, jumping over the railing and running towards my next class in a hush, students merely ignoring my 'annoying' presence.

Not that I minded not having friends. As long as I was outside with the wind and water, of course. Kind of hypocritical for my type of quirk, but being outside and out of the sun at the same time always was my favorite kind of day; A cloudy one, plenty of wind and rain. 

Shaking off the few water droplets that rested on my eyelashes, I walked into my second class and tossed my book bag onto the floor beside my desk, sliding into my seat. Slamming my book onto the desk, I began reading through it, skimming the words before eventually staring out the window a few rows away from me longingly. As I watched the few water droplets that resided on the glass slid down the window, A hand slammed down on my book, crushing my finger in the process.

I flinched, nothing more than a mere squeak erupting from my throat. I looked up, the notorious Denki Kaminari standing before me, a devilish grin plastered on his face. "Hey."

"What do you want, Kaminari?" I asked, almost shrinking out of my happy state.

"Don't you want to see your favorite person, Discount Piviter?" He spits.

I rolled my eyes, feeling the glances of my other classmates my direction as I leaned back in my seat ever so slightly. "Like I would know anything about being Discounted." I ignored his question, instead, targeting the nickname. "Personally, I would think you would have more experience, Pikachu Ripoff."  

A few gasps echoed around the room and Denki's eye twitched. I smiled, slamming my book open again. "Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to keep reading my book, or can you read as bad as you can control your quirk?" I hissed, venom lacing my words as I returned to reading.

Within a second, a sharp pain spread around my cheek. I was suddenly on the floor, Denki standing with his back turned to me. He shook his fist, flexing it. I looked around, my seat on its side beside me while my desk had been pushed to the side. My hand reached up, pressing a palm around my already bruising cheek. I narrowed my already glaring eyes, watching him high-five his friends. "Soulmate-less bitch. Don't you dare think you are anything more than trash." His heel dug into my book.

I stared at where he had once stood, my eyes locked onto the floor while my hand still rested over my bruised cheek. I stood up, brushing myself up and staring at the mess before me. My eyes never tore away from the ground as I fixed my desk and chair, grabbing my now destroyed book. Staring at the crushed spine of the book, I spun through the pages and closed it, Sliding the book into my bag.