Shouto Todoroki

1 6

𝒰 𝒩 𝒯 𝐼 𝐿   𝒟 𝐸 𝒜 𝒯 𝐻   𝒟 𝒪   𝒲 𝐸   𝒫 𝒜 𝑅 𝒯

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

This chapter was inspired by not only another writer but a personally amazing idea I have had for a long time. I just wanted to point that out.

Also, Cause Ducks.

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

Young Shouto stared outside his bedroom window, at not only the scenery around the
mansion-like house but at the cheery girl who danced around the yard with a downy white dog, the creature hopping around her whilst its tongue lolled to the side. She laughed,  immediately running away from the snowy dog as it barked and softly headbutted her. He watched them play for a few more minutes before a soft whistle snapped the large dog's attention away from the (H/C) girl.

The girl seemed to pout, her shoulders slumping as the dog disappeared from view. Someone who appeared to be her mother stepped out into the wet lawn, and began speaking, seemingly reprimanding the now silent girl. 

The (H/C) haired girl raised her head as her mother walked back into the house, shooting a disgusted look at the scenery around her. The girl, when her mother had disappeared into the house, spun around in a circle and giggled to herself as she tumbled into the dewy grass. After a few minutes of silent giggling, the girl rolled around and squirmed to her feet, brushing herself off and pulling leaves from her now tangled hair.

Before disappearing inside, she ran over and stood over what appeared to be a pond. She stuck her hand into it, the water beginning to flow upwards and into the sky, the few koi fish inhabiting it swimming right towards her, before circling again. She said a few inaudible words before the water splashed safely back into the small pond whilst the bubbling from the fish seemed to continue even after she turned away and sped along inside, nearly slipping on the grass as she disappeared from sight.

↺✗▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰✗↻

Shouto quickly found knowledge of this girl whom he had never seen before, as his older sister had begun to speak of her once before only to be hushed by their father as he strode into the room.

She was (Y/N) (L/N), born with a water-bearing quirk in which she could turn herself into water. Liquification, as his father had called it. She, when using it, could turn her body parts into the water. When touching water whilst her quirk is active, the access water basically becomes part of her body until said body part shifts back. According to his father, (Y/N)'s parents had already agreed to a possible arranged marriage. Of course, for them, it all depended on Shouto's willingness to go through with it. Being the decent parents they were, neither wished to press the young boy into marriage. 

So when the girl had called to him from outside her window late one Saturday night, Shouto seemed incredibly surprised. "Hey, Neighbour!" She had chirped, bouncing up and down on her windowsill. "I'm (Y/N)! My mam and dad said you were really nice and that I should try talking to you!" She giggled, eyes wide. "I haven't really met very many people, so you're gonna be my first friend!" She said the word like it was foreign and she had never used such a word before. As if it was never in her vocabulary.

Shouto obviously looked taken back, because her face flickered hues of red. "S-Sorry, I mean, only if you wanna be my friend!" She covered her face in her hands, muttering an insult to herself for barely being able to talk to another human being.