Chapter 1

Spencer's POV

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I looked over at the time and saw it was 9:00. I yanked my blanket over my head to block the sunlight and continue sleeping, but the road work being done outside didn't help. So, i sighed and got up. I showered brushed my teeth, and picked an outfit for the day. I closed my closet door and looked around my room, only to find out that it was pretty messy.

I turned up the music, cause who can clean their room without music, and started to tidy up my room. One of my favorite songs started playing and I started to jam out to it. As I was, I bumped into a bin on my desk, and knocked it over. I groaned and knelt over to pick up the papers and other stuff that was in there. As I was picking up paper, I saw a picture of her. Before I could explode in tears, I shoved it into the bin and placed back onto my desk. I shook it off and went downstairs.

I jogged downstairs and heard the television going on.

"A month after the DiLaurentis house tragedy, we finally find out the cause of the explosion that killed 16 year old Kendall Hastings," A news anchor said.

Once my mother saw me come past the fireplace, she turned off the t.v and gave me a small smile.

"You know her birthday is in a couple days." I say to her while grabbing a cup of orange juice.

"Yes, I am aware...How are you doing?" My mother asked.

"Alright." I say and then chug the cup of orange juice I poured. "I am going to meet the girls at the Brew, so I will be back soon." I tell her.

"Alright." She said. I smiled at her, and garbbed my purse which was on the couch.

"Spencer!" She called out.

"Yea mom?"

"Are you sure your alright? About-"

"Mom." I interrupted. "I am fine. And it isn't going to help if you keep mentioning Kendall and continously asking if I am alright."

"Right, sorry." She put a worried look on her face.

"I will see you later." And with that I left the house and went to my car to drive to the Brew.

Its been over a month. Its been over a month since the explosion at Alison's house. I has been over a month since Kendall's death. I have survived a month without one of the most important people in my life. Just a month ago, my sister, Kendall Hastings was murdered by the vicious A. She didn't deserve to die. She was innocent..ish. She was my bestfriend, my rock. The girl I would go to if I was bored, or if I wanted to talk about something personal. She has only been my sister for a year, since we found out she was adopted a week after she arrived in Rosewood for the first time in forever. I have no idea how I have survived a whole month without her so far, and summer so far has been great. I know it would have been better with her here.

I kept myself isolated in my room for two weeks, just mourning her. Then I finally got out, and to this day I cry myself to sleep just thinking that she is actaully dead.

I arrived at the Brew and walked in to see my friends sitting down on the couch in the coffee shop.

"Hey," I walked over to them.

"Hey Spence." Aria said standing up and hugging me. I sat in between her and Emily who also hugged me. They were the only on es there at the moment.

"Where is Ali and Hanna?"

"Hanna is in the bathroom and Ali should be on her way." Emily answered my question.

"Okay."

We started talking about our plans for the rest of the summer. We were planning to go hiking, and to go to the beach, explore in New York, and to take our minds off things for a while. Hanna joined along once she got back and we were all giggling and laughing, but all suddenly stopped when Alison came in.

"Hey," she said sitting down and putting her purse down beside her. "So what are we talking about ladies?"

"Well, we were talking about trips to New York." Emily told her cheerfully

"Yes! That would be so fun! It would take our mind off so many things!"

"Like Kendall.." Hanna whispered.

"Hanna." Aria whispered while hitting her lightly.

"No, it's alright." I assured.

"How is it going? I mean last time we really heard you talk about her was a week or so after the incident." Ali asked me.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, it wasn't an incident, it was-" I paused and whispered, "A murder." Then I continued with a normal voice.

"And that's cause I am doing...better. I still get upset once in a while, but it happens to all of us."

"We get it Spence." Emily put a hand on my shoulder and I smiled a toothless smile.

I look over at Aria and ask, "How's Mike?"

"He..is..actually terrible." She looked down as if she was ashamed. "I haven't seen him in over a month. He doesn't come out of his room."

Hanna then said "He is depressed about-"

Something caught my eye outside the coffee shop. More like someone. Someone I didn't ever expect to see again. "Kendall!" I yell out. When I yelled it out, Kendall ran away from the window.

"Yea.." Hanna questioned. "And you yelled out her name because...?"

"No I saw Kendall." I told them standing up. I ran out the door and they followed. I looked back at the spot I saw Kendall, but she was gone. Like she was never there.

"No one is here Spencer." Aria said.

"No I swear I saw her." I say.

"She is dead, that isn't possible." Alison said to me. They all went back inside, as I stayed back, swearing that I saw her. How did she disappear so quickly?

"Spencer!" I heard my name being called, I turned and saw my handsome boyfriend coming towards me.

"Hey Tobes." I say and he hugged me.

"I saw you were with the girls, and then they went back inside, is everything okay?"

"Yea, I just uh...yeah. I'm fine." I lie.

"Spencer." He didn't buy it.

"What?" I say in a pitchy voice.

"You're lying."

"Fine, truth be told...I saw Kendall."

"Oh did you now?" He asked confused, like he himself was hiding something.

"Yea..." I say. "But it was false alarm."

"Okay. I have to go, can you come over later? Maybe a romantic dinner?"

"Sure." I tell him. He kissed me softly on my lips and left. I looked around once more, to find any signs of Kendall, but there was nothing. I shrugged it off, and walked back into the coffee shop with the girls.

A/N: and that was chapter one! YAY THIRD BOOK!!! WOOOOOOOOO! Okay, sorry it's boring, but I can't write too much, or else I will give everything away ;)
FAV AND COMMENT!! SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE THIRD BOOK!!!!!! PLEASEE LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSS!!!
Kisses -E