05

I awoke early that day and went for my usual morning run. I instantly regretted doing so when people started looking at me weirdly. At the Durmstrang institute working out was a number one priority. I had grown to enjoy it as much as the guys used to do. Especially morning runs were my favorite, to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin and breathing in the fresh air was the best way to start the day.

I made my way back to the Gryffindor common room, covered in sweat I earned even more strange looks than before. I decided to ignore it and not let them get the best of me. I headed in the direction of the bathrooms when I bumped against a certain tall redhead on the stairs.

  "Kaia!"

  George jumped and almost fell backwards when he realized whom he had bumped into. I suddenly became very aware of my sweaty body and wrapped my arms around my chest. George scratched the back of his neck nervously.

  "George." I said smilingly, looking up into his brown eyes.

  "You look—" he couldn't find the right words and looked around as if that was going to magically give him the words to say.

  "Sweaty?" I asked quickly, fumbling with the hem of my shirt that was almost completely soaked in sweat.

  "Yes, but not in a bad way. I mean, you look hot, as in I suppose you're feeling hot. I mean—"

  His nervousness was absolutely adorable. I gave him a wide smile and began walking after saying "See you at breakfast, Weasley."

  I could hear him mumbling something to himself which made me smile from ear to ear. Replaying in my mind what had just happened I made my way to the bathroom, I was in desperate need of a shower.

  The shower had made me feel like an entirely different person, I was ready for the day. I sat down in the great hall, ready to attack the delicious looking breakfast.

  I decided not to say anything and simply eat because Angelina was talking about the strange and vivid nightmare she had experienced. Apparently Lee had paid her a visit in her dream, dressed up like a five year old, calling Angelina his mommy. The twins were teasing them about it and I knew it would continue for the next few days.

  "Imagine being his parent, I'd rather be in Slytherin." Fred joked, to which Lee threw a piece of bread in his face, obviously annoyed. I couldn't help but laugh.

  I regretted eating as much food as I did when we walked to our first class of the day. The nerves weren't helping my full stomach either. I was excited to attend the classes but nervous too, it had been so long since I went to school, I feared I wouldn't be able to keep up.

  Stepping into the defense against the dark arts classroom I mournfully found out it was none other than the pink toad herself that was going to teach us. If only my focus and eagerness to learn wouldn't be ruined by this.

  After mentally preparing myself I found myself a seat. Just like the rest of the castle I was amazed by the character of the interior inside the classroom. I felt at ease in these walls and I truly felt like it would be a place I would eventually be able to call home.

  George had already found himself a seat and waved
me over smilingly, signing me to sit besides him. I was about to sit down when Fred got there first, oblivious to me he began rambling to his twin brother George. George had his eyebrows furrowed and scowled at his brother. I grinned and shrugged before quickly finding myself another seat. Lee was smiling excitedly when I sat down next to him and began talking about how much he looked forward to the quidditch games when suddenly Umbridge walked inside.