56

Mr Weasley carried me in his arms down the stairs. I could hear him cry, every sob broke my heart once again. Suddenly mr Weasley fell onto the ground and so did I. It felt like my ribs broke once again.

I covered my ears hearing a vague but devilish murmur "You have fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest, and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me." Voldemort.

I opened my eyes which I had apparently closed as I laid on the ground all of my bones feeling broken; shattered into pieces but so was my heart.

I forced myself to stand up even though it felt like a thousand needles were getting pinched into my whole body over and over again.

The castle had began to get empty, Voldemort's forces were indeed retreating as Voldemort had demanded. Mr Weasley got to my side and supported me by wrapping his arm around me.

Together we made our way to the great hall. Some people passed us with what seemed like Fred's body. I tried not to drop on the floor and shatter into tears and I imagined mr Weasley to feel the exact same way or worse.

I still had one more person on my mind, George. I still hadn't seen him and I couldn't bare the thought of losing him as well.

I could barely walk but with mr Weasley's help I managed to get all the way into the great hall. I froze in place when I saw all the crying students and families. Bodies were spread across the floor.

Mr Weasley ran to his family but before I could follow him my heart skipped a beat when I saw Remus laying on the ground hand in hand with Tonks. I tried not to scream thinking about them and their son. Teddy who became an orphan just like that, in such a brutal and unfair way.

I looked up at the Weasley family and gasped as I saw him, he was alive. But he was bending over a body, Fred. He was sobbing, painful sobs filled the air. Mrs Weasley noticed me and ran towards me "Kaia." she cried and hugged me "What happened to you?"

I couldn't bring myself to speak. I just opened it and stuttered indistinctively. Mrs Weasley wrapped her arms around me once again. George's cries made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't bare it.

He looked up and his face got even paler when he saw me. I kneeled next to him even though it made me want to scream in pain. George buried his face in my shoulder shaking and crying, my shoulder getting drained in tears. I felt like crying, sobbing, screaming and puking all at the same time but I had to stay strong. George needed me.

"George.." Ron stuttered.

George looked up and walked over to Ron, both of them crying. I stood up and my eyes were instantly drawn to Harry leaving the great hall.

"Harry!" I yelled and began walking, every step felt like stepping onto sharp pieces of glass.

I followed Harry outside the great hall but he was already on top of the stairs "Harry!" he ignored me and kept going until he was out of my sight. I collapsed on the stairs and broke into tears.

I knew what Harry was thinking. He felt guilty for all those people but that wasn't his fault. All his life he had this weight on his shoulder that he didn't deserve.

The loud cries started to quiet down in the castle. Loud sobs turned into quiet sniffs. I stood up wanting to get to Harry. I couldn't bare the fact that I knew he'd be thinking about giving himself to Voldemort. Every step hurt even more but I kept going until I heard some other footsteps coming from the top of the stairs. I looked up into two bright blue eyes.

"Harry!" I cried and almost fell as I did but Harry held me up and hugged me.

"Harry, where have you been?" Hermione asked.

"We thought you went to the forest."

Harry pulled back from my arms looking me in the eyes still "I'm going there now." he was about to walk down the stairs until I grabbed his hand "No!"

"No! You can't give yourself up to him."

"What is it Harry? What is it you know?" Hermione asked.

"There's a reason I can hear them, the horcruxes, I think I've known for a while and I think you have too."

Hermione started crying "I'll go with you.."

"No, kill the snake, kill the snake and then it's just him!"Harry has to die or Voldemort can't get killed?

Hermione wrapped her arms around Harry's chest crying into it. After that Harry turned to me "It's gonna be ok."

I couldn't believe how calm the words left his mouth. He was about to die yet he didn't show any sign of fear. I wanted to trap him inside my arms making it unable for him to leave but I knew deep down that it had to be done. There had to come an end to all of this.

After watching Harry walk down the steps. I stumbled towards the great hall feeling physically and emotionally drained. Everything hurt, inside and out. I stood in the doorway of the great hall looking blankly at the sad faces.

"Kaia." George called my name and ran towards me. My head was spinning and my stomach felt like it was on fire. I suddenly felt the urge to throw up so I did, it wasn't just vomit, blood covered the floor. George held me up and cried for help.

I looked into his chocolate brown eyes "I'm so sorry."