07

The first few weeks at Hogwarts were rough yet exciting at the same time. I nearly had detention every other day. Umbridge gave me detention for the smallest things, even breathing made her snap at me. The twins were so used to getting detention all the time that they were quite irritated when Umbridge seemed to not even pay attention to them at all because of me. They were desperate to take the blame and stand up for me but all it resulted in was more detention for me.

Other than Umbridge establishing a million stupid rules that banned us from doing the most basic tasks I exchanged several letters between me and my father. He was telling me about some small tasks he did for the order of the Phoenix. But I could tell from his writing that he missed having people around. Harry even told his concerns about my father to me, telling me how we should do something about it. But there wasn't much we could do. In the end my father couldn't leave Grimmauld's place because he still was a 'wanted criminal'. We decided it was best to write him as much as possible.

I was busy writing a letter for my dad when the twins plopped down besides me. When I didn't look up because I was to caught up in the letter they decided to stare intensely at me.

"It's rude to stare." I mumbled whilst writing the last words on the piece of parchment. I folded the letter neatly and put it inside my pocket. I raised my eyebrows at both Fred and George saying "What's with that look?"

"We have news." George announced and leaned back into the couch. 

"Great news." Fred added and mimicked George's movement.

"Brilliant news." George said with a smirk.

"Fantastic new—"

"Alright, alright, I get it. You have news, amazing news. Tell me, what's the news." I said and the twins both chuckled at my impatience.

Suddenly Angelina and Lee came running into the room. Both looking even more excited than the twins. I sighed in annoyance and before they could even speak up I said "Let me guess, you have wonderful news?"

Lee and Angelina looked slightly confused and both nodded. "Wait, how'd you know?"

"Doesn't matter, will someone please tell me what the oh-so-amazing news is?" I questioned whilst jumping up in frustration. The four remained quiet and teasingly shared looks with each other. I huffed once again and stepped towards George, pouting my lips I looked him in the eyes.

"Don't fall for it, brother, be strong." Fred spoke. I shot Fred a glare and sat down besides George. I grabbed his arm and asked "George, can you tell me what the news is?"

George's eyes moved between my hand touching his arm to my pleading eyes searching for his. He sighed and gave in.

"The Golden Trio wants to meet us and some other students at Hog Heads Inn." George said. I raised my eyebrows saying "That's the amazing news?"

George chuckled along with the others and said "No, they want to create some kind of army to teach us to defend ourselves since the ministry won't teach us any spells in class."

I suddenly understood what all the fuss was about and jumped up. Finally some action was going to happen. I hated not being able to use my dueling skills and feeling like I couldn't do anything but following the rules that restricted us from doing almost everything.

"That sounds more like it!" I squealed and pulled the twins up to stand. "What are you waiting for, Weasleys?"

We all changed into some winter jackets and gathered at the gate. Winter was slowly making itself known and snow covered the once green grounds of Hogwarts. It looked beautiful to say the least but it was awfully cold.