35

I wiggled myself out of his arms and pretended to stretch my arms out when he opened his eyes looking fairly tired still. 

"Morning." his deep morning voice rang through my ears. 

I nervously smiled and sat back down on the couch. Julio brushed his hand through his now very messy blonde curls. 

Julio smirked "Breakfast?" 

I realised I had been staring so I quickly looked away and nodded. He walked off to the kitchen and I slowly followed. 

"Can I ask you something?" 

"Shoot." 

"Why do you live here all alone?" 

Julio grinned as he broke an egg into a sizzling pan. 

"I love the quiet forest, it's very peaceful. There are so many problems out there in the big cities, over here I can just mind my own business without anyone getting in my way."

"Doesn't it get lonely sometimes?" 

"Do I look like someone who's feeling lonely?"

I grinned and shook my head "Not really, you look like someone who's hungry!" 

The both of us laughed and continued talking over some delicious breakfast; bacon and eggs.

After a quick shower I made myself ready to leave. Julio handed a book to me about hippogriffs written by his very own grandfather. I smiled from ear to ear and thanked him as I hugged him tightly. 

"And thank you for letting me stay the night, I really enjoyed your company."

"Anytime. I enjoyed it just as much, you should come more often." 

"I will." with that I smiled and waved before apparating back to the shed. 

I sat down on the bed of hay and opened the book Julio had given me, there was a small note inside of it. 

[Note from Julio]

You can't go back and change the beginning. But you can start where you are now and change the ending.

Remember that you always have a friend.

-Julio.

[End of the note]

━━━━━━━━━━━

"The door, it's moving! It must mean something." Draco said almost looking excited even though we both knew it meant Dumbledore's death. Draco's though act was something I could see right through. I knew he was scared and frustrated about the entire situation. 

"Draco, that was probably the wind or something."

"There's no wind in here, you-"

"Fine! How will we know it worked?" 

"We'll have to put something in it and someone will have to check if it went to the twin cabinet in Borgin and Burkes."

"Alright, how about tomorrow night?"

"Fine by me."

"I'll be at Borgin and Burkes at eight tomorrow night."

"Good, I'll be here at the exact time."

"Don't mess anything up, we almost succeeded." 

Draco gave me a stern nod before leaving the room of requirements. I stopped by Dumbledore's office to tell him about it. After that I apparated back into Knockturn Alley; I was supposed to be meeting with Ethan.

I straightened my posture before turning around the corner of a dark alley. I jumped when suddenly someone pushed me back into the dark alley I had just walked out of. 

"What the hell-" I froze in place when I realised it was George. 

"Please, just hear me out." 

I sighed and pulled him further into the dark alley so that nobody would see us "You have one minute."

"I just want to know one thing, why? Why did you join Voldemort?" 

He said 'Voldemort' just a little too loud. I put my hand over his mouth and hissed "Shh! Are you trying to get yourself killed or something?"

I sighed and removed my hand as he shook his head. 

"Sorry, please- Kaia-" 

"I'm sorry, George. You'll have to forget about me. I can't tell you-"

"No! I will not do that before you tell me the truth."

"It's who I really am, accept it! Move on and forget about me."

"This isn't you, Kaia."

I pulled my sleeve up revealing the dark mark on my forearm. I held it up for George to see clearly "This, this is me."

He shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"You need to leave now and never come back!" I said wanting to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. 

"If you don't tell the real reason, I'll find out myself!"

"You'll get us both killed if you do so-"

"Please, Kaia.." 

"Hello?" a high pitched voice came from the other end of the alley "Who's there?"

My eyes widened and I pulled my wand from under my robes. I grabbed George by his arm and pretended to be keeping him hostage. 

"Raven?" Bellatrix her black figured appeared as she stepped into the light. 

"Madame Lestrange, good to see you. I was just- I caught this Weasley snooping around in here."

Bellatrix tilted her head back and giggled "Want me to teach him a lesson?" 

"No! I will." I said with a smirk on my face, Bellatrix laughed once again and swung her hand in the air.

"I'll leave you to it then." 

I nodded and watched her leave the alley. I quickly turned around and snapped at George "Now do you see why this can't happen again, you have to promise me not to come back!"

"No." George shook his head.

I groaned in frustration already feeling the stinging tears in the back of my eyes "Please, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. I'm begging you. Don't come back."

George shook his head once again and tucked some hair behind my ear "I love you, Kaia."

I felt the tears spilling on my cheeks as soon as he said those three words, he loved me. 

"I-I" I stuttered but was soon interrupted by his lips crashing onto mine. They felt warm and soft; shivers were sent down my spine. Was it selfish of me to want more? I brought him in danger after all but I didn't pull back. My body was telling me that this was the right thing. 

George pulled back looking me deeply in the eyes "I knew it, you didn't really chose to join Vol- you-know-who."

"George, I have to go-"

"No, you can't leave now." 

"Meet me tomorrow, at this exact spot at nine."

"Where are you going to go?"

"You have to trust me, meet me here tomorrow and I'll tell you everything." 

He nodded and with that I took a relieving breath and walked out of the alley. 

Damn it, you Weasley.