30

Slowly and vaguely the dark mark appeared on my forearm. Voldemort tilted his head back laughing with an evil tone to it. I forced a smirk on my face as I sat back down on a chair. 

"I have a special assignment for you, Raven. I want you to assist Draco Malfoy."

"What do you want me to assist him with, my lord?"

"Draco is assigned to kill that foolish old man, Albus Dumbledore will finally be dead once and for all."

My heart was beating fast and my breath was out of control but I managed not to show it. 

"What do you want me to do?"

"You see, Draco possesses the exact thing that you lack."

"Fear?"

"Exactly, that's why I must ask you to complete the task if Draco fails to do so."

"I understand."

"Can I count on you, Raven?" 

"Yes, you can." 

"Very well." 

"When will this be, my lord?" 

"Whenever Draco has prepared the arrival." 

I swallowed and stood up "Thank you for believing in me, I will not let you down." with that I left the room feeling Voldemort's stare in my back. 

After I had left the room I was caught in Ethan's arms as a way of congratulating me. I realised how getting the dark mark was one of the highest achievements for many. For me it was just a ticket to my revenge that I was still planning. It had to be prepared perfectly, I couldn't just barge in and kill her. 

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Sir, I have to talk to you!" I yelled as I stormed into Dumbledore's office. 

I quickly removed my disguise when I realised how confused Dumbledore looked. But when he realised who I was he sat up straight "Miss Black, I was wondering when I'd see you again."

"Voldemort, h-he-he." 

I got interrupted by Snape barging into the office. I pointed my wand up "You! How dare you step into this office, you- TRAITOR!" 

"Get that away from me," Snape hissed. 

"No, you-"

"Kaia! Lower your wand." Dumbledore ordered. 

"But sir, you don't understand. He's-"

"On Voldemort's side?"

"Yes!" I looked even more confused, I lowered my wand "Wait, how-"

"I'm aware of Snape's doings. That is why I ask you not to tell anyone, not even the members of the order. In order for Voldemort to completely trust him nobody can know about this." 

I sighed as I sat down in a chair. I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched Snape making annoyed looks at me. The guy hated me that was obvious but the feeling was mutual.

"What did you want to tell me?"

"Voldemort, he's assigned Draco to-" 

"Kill me?" 

"Yes!" I pinched the bridge of my nose "Let me guess, Snape told you? Sir, how's Draco still allowed to go to Hogwarts when he wants to kill you? I don't understand." 

Dumbledore sighed and got up from his chair. He walked up to Fawkes whom he started petting "I'm cursed. I only have a few months left to live, I'm already dying."

"So you're going to let Draco kill you?"

"No, Snape will be the one to do it. Only then will Voldemort trust him completely."

Snape had an instant mournful look on his face, he did really care about Dumbledore; the guy had feelings after all. 

"He's assigned me to assist Draco, I agreed to do so." 

I showed Dumbledore the dark mark on my forearm. He walked closer to get a better look at it. He sighed "Then that's what you must do." 

"But he expects me to kill you if Draco doesn't-"

"We'll figure something out, Snape has to be the one to do it." 

I pressed my face into the palms of my hands trying to process everything. I rubbed my eyes feeling exhausted. 

"Kaia, it's Christmas Eve. Go home, enjoy the night." 

I gave him a nod even though I had no idea how to do that, how to enjoy the night. I told them goodbye before apparating to the first place I thought of. Grimmauld place, my dad's home. 

When I got inside I coughed due to all the dust, it looked like nobody had been there for months. 

I moved further into the house holding my wand up to create some light "Lumos!"

I collapsed onto my knees as all the memories came flooding back. Dad giving me the necklace, telling me he loved me, all the fun we had. The nights I had spent with George and the first time we declared our love for each other. I could still hear their voices in my mind. 

Soon the silence was broken. Loud sobs were heard through the entire house. Only it wasn't an intruder, I was the one crying.