37

I woke up in George's big arms making me feel tiny and safe. For a second I forgot all my worries until I didn't and jumped up. 

"Are you ok?" George whom I had woken up with my sudden movement asked. 

"Yes." I said brushing a hand through my short brown hair, George noticed and smiled. 

"It looks good- the short hair. Why'd you cut it?" 

I shrugged and grabbed a fresh pair of expensive robes.

"Kaia, can I ask you something?" 

I nodded and started changing into the robes not caring if George saw the bruises and cuts on my body, I stopped caring a long time ago. 

"What's the deal with that Ethan guy?"

I sighed "He sort of sees me as his girlfriend." 

"But you don't have real feelings for him, do you?" 

"I don't." I answered sternly, I got my wand ready to change into my disguise.

"Good," George laughed nervously "he's the rudest person I know." 

I smiled and changed into my disguise, George watched me closely. 

"Can you tell me more about what you, Dumbledore and Snape were talking about? About the 'attack' happening, Saturday."

I shook my head "I trust you, George. But I can't tell you, I promised Dumbledore." 

George nodded and stood up. He placed my small hand in his big one. 

"Can we meet again, tomorrow night?" he asked. 

I gave him a nod. He smiled nervously and placed a kiss on my cheek. I knew he wouldn't want to kiss me on the lips with my disguise, it would be like kissing another person. 

"I love you, Kaia Black." 

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Alecto Carrow, Amycus Carrow, Fenrir Greyback, Corban Yaxley, Thorfinn Rowle, Raven Atwood and Gibbon I want to speak to the seven of you in private. Everyone else, leave!" Voldemort ordered. 

Ethan looked somewhat disappointed for his name not being called. I gave him a reassuring smile which he returned before walking out of the room along with the others. Snape met my eyes for a moment as well but I quickly looked away.

Wormtail closed the door and Voldemort began speaking to us "As you all know Saturday will be the day of Dumbledore's assassination. I have chosen you all to have the honour of watching him die." Voldemort smirked. I mirrored his smirk and so did the others. 

Only two more days. Dumbledore was actually going to get killed and that broke my heart but it also made me furious; my blood was boiling.

After Voldemort explaining to us what we were supposed to do I left to meet Ethan. We sat in our usual spot at the secret pub.

"I can't believe that I didn't get chosen, am I not worthy enough?" he looked genuinely hurt for not getting chosen. 

"Of course you are worthy enough," I grabbed his hand "maybe he's saving you for any future attacks?" 

Ethan grinned to himself "Will you be careful though? I want to see Dumbledore dead but I'd like to have you back in one piece." 

It took me by surprise to hear how much Ethan actually cared about me. I gave him a peck on the cheek "Of course." 

"Good," he caressed my cheek "I love you, Raven." 

I was stunned by that. My eyes widened not knowing what to do next. I knew I couldn't ruin anything now. Just lie, one more time.

"I love you too." 

Ethan smiled widely before kissing me on the lips. Couple goals.

━━━━━━━━━━━

I laid down on my bed of hay letting out a deep breath that almost didn't seem to end. I was nervous. Nervous for the next day; the day a true legend would die. He didn't deserve it, none of it and yet here I was helping to kill him. I knew it was what Dumbledore wanted but it felt wrong in so many ways. 

Without knowing it I fell asleep but the frustrating thoughts continued in my nightmare. I snapped my eyes open after having slept for a rough five hours. 

"Hey," I turned to the source of the voice; George's chocolate brown eyes were staring back at me.

"Uh- hey-" I sat up straight next to him "I'm sorry I forgot we were supposed to meet last night." 

"It's ok, besides you looked so peaceful when you were asleep. I didn't want to wake you." 

Peaceful? My nightmares were everything but peaceful.

"I forgot to tell you but- Fred and I joined the order." 

"You did?" 

"Yes, I joined so I could see you but then you stopped coming- anyways were a part of the order now."

I smiled "How's everyone? You haven't told them about me, have you?" 

"They're on edge all the time but I haven't told them about you. They're all extremely worried about you, they miss you." 

"Why? I'm a monster."

George sighed and grabbed my small hand "We don't see you that way, they just don't understand." 

"I don't even understand myself sometimes.." I sighed.

"Do me a favour, will you?" 

I nodded hesitantly. 

"Leave Voldemort's side after whatever happens tonight." 

"George, I wish it was that easy-"

"It's just, I hate not knowing if you're safe or not- just promise me you'll at least try to think of a way to leave his side." 

I bit my lip before looking up to meet his eyes "I promise."