38

"Ready?" I asked Draco who looked awfully nervous pacing around the room of requirements. 

"How can someone ever be ready for something like this?" 

I shrugged as I pulled my wand out. I looked up at Draco who seemed like he was freaking out, his face telling me he was about to scream. 

"Look, Draco. You can still back out of this." 

Draco furrowed his eyebrows "And you call yourself a real follower of the dark lord huh?" 

"I can do it for you." 

"No! The dark lord assigned me to do it." 

Before I could say anything else the door of the cabinet opened and all the death eaters stepped out of it. 

"Is everyone ready?" Greyback asked. 

I nodded along with the others. I took the lead and got out of the room of requirements first. Draco threw some Peruvian instant darkness powder on the ground which I recognised from Fred and George's joke shop. 

The corridors were now slightly darker and because of that we were able to sneak into the astronomy tower without getting seen. 

I narrowed my eyes as I saw Hermione and some other Gryffindors walking around with their wands out. Were they aware of us? They should leave before anyone of them would be hurt or worse killed. 

We got into the tower and Yaxley made sure an incantation would keep others but death eaters from entering the astronomy tower as well. We walked up the empty stairway. Dumbledore was seen standing on the top floor. 

"Expelliarmus!" Draco yelled, he disarmed Dumbledore way too easily but I knew Dumbledore wouldn't resist. 

I walked up behind Draco and shared a look with Dumbledore. He seemed to be at peace with the whole situation unlike the many conversations we shared in his office when he seemed nothing but upset about everything. 

Everything became a slight blur. I vaguely heard Dumbledore talking to Draco. I couldn't place what he said exactly but Draco seemed taken aback probably realising what he was about to do. The other death eaters kept encouraging Draco to do it until Greyback took his wand out wanting to do the deed himself but he got stunned by a jinx from Yaxley. 

Snape came running up the stairs his eyes shortly meeting mine before he turned to look at Dumbledore. 

Draco groaned in annoyance but was pushed away by Snape stunning him with a spell. 

For a second everything was quite. Snape and Dumbledore shared a mournful look. 

"Severus, please-" 

I held my breath as I watched Snape's sudden movement.

"Avada Kedavra!" 

Dumbledore got hit by the killing curse directly in his chest. Life instantly left his body as it got thrown of the tower. One of the greatest wizards in history was dead. A true hero; Albus Dumbledore.

I was snapped back to reality "Everyone has to flee the school, now!" Snape reminded us ever so lightly. 

I could feel tears stinging in my eyes but refused to let them leave my eyes. Snape on the other hand refused to show any emotion. We ran down the stairs when suddenly Harry ran after Snape screaming in anger.

As soon as we left the tower we were hit by many stunning spells. I fell onto the ground and looked up to see whoever it was but was unable to because of the corridor was dark and dusty.

I forced myself to stand up and to grab my wand from the ground. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the order members standing not far away from us. I looked George in the eyes.

I got pushed onto the ground again by Kingsley, him being just as unaware of my identification as the others. Only George knew who I was.

I quickly stood up and began running away not wanting to hurt any of them. 

"What are they doing here?" Alecto asked "We've been betrayed?!" she pointed her wand up aiming at George "Avada Ke-"

"Stupefy!" I yelled, she fell onto the ground as I had just stunned her. 

"You! You betrayed us!" Amycus groaned. 

My eyes locked with George's until everything went black.