44

I turned the page of the book I was reading about hippogriffs; the book Julio had given me. Remus and Tonks had brought me my stuff from the shed not that it was a lot but still.

I shivered a little as I felt a cold breeze pass through the open window. Of course George had noticed and took his sweater off to give it to me. I smirked and pulled it on. I smiled as his scent washed over me. 

"Thank you." I said and grabbed his hand. I pulled him down and placed a kiss on his lips. I felt the corners of his lips rising into a smile as they were still pressed on mine. He pulled back and looked into my eyes before placing another kiss but this time it was a small kiss on my forehead. He sat down next to me and I snuggled into his big arms. 

Suddenly the front door swung open and two tall figures stood in the door opening. I squealed in excitement as they ran towards me and crashed me into their arms. 

"Vik! Uncle Hec!" I was smiling from ear to ear as I stay in their arms for what felt like hours but it were the best few hours I had in a very long time. 

After that we sat on the couches and I began telling them about what the hell happened to me. Being with them made me so happy, I felt at ease around them, I felt at home. I loved the both of them with all my heart, they were family. 

━━━━━━━━━━━

Spending a week laughing and talking to Viktor and uncle Hector had been so much fun. They offered to stay longer, even though I wanted nothing more than that I knew they had to go back. It wasn't safe for them in England, they were better off in Bulgaria. 

After a long dramatic good bye they apparated back home. I was going to miss them but I knew we'd see each other sooner than later. 

Besides that I was starting to feel a lot better. I could walk again, not for long but I did short walks with George around the house. 

Most of my bandages were removed except for the cast around my arm. Bruises had started to disappear but there were many scars left on my body, especially the big scars forming 'traitor' on my belly something that would maybe never disappear. 

Madame Pomfrey had taken good care of me. She had removed the drip needle from my wrist and given me some medicine to heal properly. I was allowed to sleep in a real bed again now that I could walk up the stairs. It probably took about fifteen minutes to reach the top of the stairs but I managed, I refused to be carried as I wanted to be able to do it myself. 

That night was the night Harry would be getting transported back to the burrow. Although I was part of the order still they refused to let me help. I wasn't strong enough and I knew I'd only be getting in their way but I did feel slightly useless. Besides I hated the fact that George would go out there, who knew what or who waited out there for them.

"Let me help, please!" I begged one more time as if they'd even consider it. Think again.

"Kaia, we've talked about this." 

"Freddie, help me out here!" 

"Sorry, Blackie. For once, George is right." 

I pouted my lips "Well, it was worth a try." 

George and Fred laughed. 

"Be careful." I said as I gave each of them a hug, George a slightly longer one than Fred obviously. I watched as they left the house and apparated into thin air. I was left with mrs Weasley and Ginny waiting in worry not knowing what would happen out there.