29

"The dark lord wants to meet you." Ethan had a big smirk on his face, his hand was placed on the small of my back.

"Are you serious?" I was genuinely excited, this was what I had been waiting for for so long. "You told him about me?" 

Ethan nodded "Yes, he's looking for potential wizards and witches to join his side now that he's gaining power. Bellatrix mentioned your name to the dark lord as well. He's pretty excited to meet you to say the least."

"When?" 

"Next week at the Malfoy's mansion."

I smiled and caught myself by surprise when I instinctively wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and tightly hugged me back. 

Ever since the date which had been weeks ago already, Ethan and I were basically becoming a couple. I knew it would make my act more convincing so I went along with it. It was weird how he thought he knew everything about me when in reality he knew nothing, really. But it actually wasn't the worst to hang out with him, whenever he was just with me he was actually quite funny and kind but whenever he was around others he was constantly rude. 

━━━━━━━━━━━

It was the day I had been waiting for for so long. I changed into my most expensive robes and made sure I looked perfect in every way. 

How ironic that it had to be on Christmas night, a nice cosy evening at the Malfoys. It couldn't be better. 

I knocked on the tall black door. Only a few seconds passed before the door opened and a tall blonde lady stood in front of me. As she scanned me from head to toe a smile appeared on her face before she embraced me in her arms. 

I was caught by surprise but figured Ethan had been talking about me. 

"It's nice to finally meet you, Raven."

"Likewise, mrs Malfoy." 

She smiled and signed me to come inside. It was even bigger inside than it looked like from the outside. The furniture was in dark shades and very expensive looking. 

Narcissa led me through several hallways before she stopped in front of a door at the end of the hallway. A creaking sound was heard when she pushed the door open. A long table was revealed with many death eaters sitting at it. 

I instantly got goosebumps over my entire body. The silence was killing me with all those eyes staring up at me. 

I sighed in relieve when I saw Ethan sitting with an empty chair next to him. At least I could sit next to somebody I knew. I also realised how Voldemort wasn't there already. 

I made my way to the empty seat. Ethan smiled at me as I sat down. I was still trying to process the fact that I was in a room full of monsters. 

Bellatrix and I shared a look as if greeting each other. But seconds after she continued complaining about some kid that looked at her in Knockturn alley. First world problems.

Suddenly the room got quiet. I didn't have the time to see who it was as I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I instinctively pulled my wand out and pointed it at the person the hand belonged to. 

My eyes widened in realisation that it was Voldemort. Two dark eyes were staring back at me. To my surprise he let out a chuckle as he looked down at my wand. 

I pulled it back "My lord. I'm sorry, it's a bad habit of mine. I'm Raven Atwood. It's an honour to meet you."

"Bad habit?" he continued walking to his seat being followed by his enormous snake. Normally I loved any kind of creature but this snake? No way. "I think we should all react as fast as you do. Wormtail, get miss Atwood a drink. Now!"

"Y-Yes my lord." Wormtail stuttered and left to get me a drink that I wasn't planning on drinking anyways. 

Voldemort sat down, his snake soon rose above the table sliding onto it. Voldemort's hand petted the snake, sliding his disgusting fingers over the smooth skin.

I snapped my head to the side when the door opened. I widened my eyes as Snape walked into the room. Snape was a death eater? Dumbledore trusted him completely. How could he?

When he sat down our eyes met for a brief moment, but he looked away quickly looking somewhat guilty. 

"Today we are welcoming two new witches, Raven Atwood and Julia Evergreen." 

I nodded as if greeting the death eaters. The other girl; Julia Evergreen sat on the opposite side as me. She was shaking in fear, her eyes nervously looked at me. 

Voldemort leaned back in his chair "I want you two to impress me, show me anything you're good at. I don't care what it is. Really, kill a muggle; I don't care."

The girl; Julia looked up at me, sweat was dripping down her forehead. I knew she was too scared to do anything so I stood up deciding it was my cue. I stepped behind my chair and focusing on my feet. 

I closed my eyes and turned into my animagi form; a lioness. I straddled around the room roaring loudly. I earned a few clapping hands and a flinch from Snape that I found quite entertaining. 

A few seconds after I turned back into my human form. I hadn't even thought about my disguise but luckily it was still visible. I sat back down in the chair next to Ethan who looked awfully proud. 

"Good, good. I certainly am impressed." Voldemort said before turning to look at the still very nervous brunette in front of me. She stood up, her legs shaking violently. 

"I c-can't do it. I-I'm sorr-" 

"Avada Kedavra!" 

I held my breath as I watched life leaving the poor girl's body. Voldemort was ruthless and this made that even more clear. 

As if the killing hadn't happened Voldemort started informing us about some recent events, one of them being the snatchers that he successfully managed to join his side. Meanwhile Nagini; the snake was eating his dinner, being Julia Evergreen's body. Disgusting.

After listening to some mud blood, muggle hating stories of some death eaters the meeting came to an end. Voldemort asked me to stay as he was going to give me the oh so famous dark mark. There was no turning back but I was more ready than ever. 

From that moment on it was official, I was a death eater