45

[Kaia's POV]

Hours of worry passed by in silence. The three of us; Mrs Weasley, Ginny and me nervously waiting for them to return.

Mrs Weasley had started to clean things that were already completely clean, I guess that explains how nervous she was. I could totally see where she was coming from especially with such a big family; so many persons to worry about.

I sat in silence reading a book. Who was I kidding? I was way too nervous to actually read.

I jumped up as I heard a loud thud coming from outside. I instantly regretted jumping up as I felt my head pounding and saw a few little stars in my vision. I leaned against the wall to take a deep breath before following Mrs Weasley and Ginny outside.

"Harry, Hagrid, what happened? Where are the others?" Mrs Weasley asked. Only then I realised the eight feet six tall man standing in front of her. I remembered Dumbledore telling me about him.

"Is no one else back?" Harry asked with a worried tone to it.

I walked as fast as I could, not being able to run made me feel especially weak. Harry gasped as he saw my appearance probably taking in the still very visible scars and bruises along with the cast around my arm. I expected to see a grimace on his face but the opposite happened. He ran towards me and picked me up swirling me around. Even though it made my head pound even harder I giggled loudly.

Before either of us could exchange some words we turned our heads when another thud was heard along with that came a bright light.

I narrowed my eyes as I saw two people approaching the house.

"Remus?" I mumbled seeing him with someone else. Remus supported the person with his arms to keep them up.

"Quick, into the house!"

I gasped in shock to see George bleeding from his head, his face as pale as snow and his eyes near shutting closed.

I forgot all the pain in my body for a moment when I ran after Remus and Harry that held up George. They cleared the couch and laid him on top of it.

"Oh my boy!" Mrs Weasley cried.

The left side of his head covered in blood but the worst part was his left ear; missing partly. I sat down on the small spot besides his nearly unconscious body. I grabbed his hand and instantly acknowledged the smile forming on his lips but his eyes still closed halfway.

"What creature?" Remus demanded, I hadn't realised the situation behind me as I was too focused on George but seeing Remus threatening Harry with his wand made me just a little curious.

"A- A Grindylow!"

Remus pulled his wand back leaving Harry to sigh in relief.

"We've been betrayed, Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you weren't an imposter."

I turned back to look at George as he squeezed my hand. I grabbed a cloth Mrs Weasley handed to me and laid it on his head to cool it down and numb the pain a little.

"That feels-" he muttered not being able to finish his sentence as he needed a long inhaling breath.

Fred and Mr Weasley came running into the house. Both of their eyes drawn to the bleeding redhead on the couch. Fred kneeled down next to the couch.

"How are you feeling, Georgie?"

"Saint-like."

Fred and I shared a look of confusion before the both of us leaned closer.

"Come again?" Fred asked.

"Saint-like. I'm holy. I'm holey, Fred. Geddit?" he said sounding drunk-ish as he pointed at his now almost inexistent left ear.

"The whole wide world of ear-related humour and you go for 'I'm holey'. That's pathetic." Fred chuckled shaking his head.

"Reckon I'm still better looking than you."

I covered my mouth trying to hold back the laughter. George looked at me with a grin on his face before his eyes closed.

"Mad-Eye's dead."

I turned to look at the source of the voice only to find one of the older Weasleys standing next to a petite blonde. I knew his name was Bill from the scar on his face as the twins had told me about him but I couldn't remember the girl he was with.

It took a minute for the news to sink in, Mad-Eye died; no, he was murdered. Just like that someone got murdered like it was nothing. Murdering people was almost becoming a sport for the death eaters, it disgusted me. But then I remembered how I planned to kill someone not long ago. I swallowed as I tried to shrug the thought away.

"Mundungus took one look at Voldemort and disappeared."

Mundungus? That little piece of shit. I instantly got a big lump only sparing one second at that thought remembering it was Mad-Eye's way of introducing Mundungus to me. How ironic..