57

[George's POV]

It was like being stuck in a terrible nightmare. My best friend and twin brother had been murdered. It felt like a part of me had died along with him. 

When I saw Kaia at first I thought I was hallucinating. She wasn't supposed to be there, she was supposed to be at home. What was she doing here? Why was she covered in blood and walking the way she did? Her fragile body covered in wounds, blood, bruises and dust. Her eyes staring blankly into space.

"Kaia.." 

She looked like she was about to pass out but instead she started gagging and threw up. But along with puke came blood, lots of it. I can't lose her too.

"Someone help!"

"I'm so sorry." she apologised, her eyes closed and she fell into my arms. The way she protected her belly with her hands told me something was very, very wrong. 

Mom and madame Pomfrey helped her onto a stretcher and carried her over to a table, they laid her on top of it. Her eyes were closed but tears were escaping them, flushing through her long eyelashes. 

I squeezed her hand as I rested my forehead on hers "Kaia, come back to me." my tears were falling onto her warm cheeks. I closed my eyes thinking about all the memories we shared together. 

The moment we met, I caught the sight of an angel. 

"I'm Fred, this is my twin brother George!" 

"Oi! I can speak for myself! I'm George."

"Hi, I'm Kaia." her beautiful hoarse voice was like music to my ears, her accent, the raw tone to it, she was perfect. 

The day I asked her to be my girlfriend. I was trembling, I'd never been more nervous. 

"Willyoubemygirlfriend?" I asked, stupidly. 

Kaia giggled "Sorry, what was that?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Her cheeks were gaining more colour and her lips curled up into a smiled "I'd love to be your girlfriend, yes!"

Or the moment she told me she was pregnant. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but my heart almost exploded from happiness. I couldn't contain my happiness, I knew it was the moment, the right timing. I had to bound our love forever. 

"-marry me?" 

"Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!" She jumped right in my arms, a place I always wanted her to be.

"I love you so much!"

"I love you too, Kaia." 

I cried pressing my face into her shoulder "I love you, Kaia."

"George.." 

[Kaia's POV]

My eyes fluttered open, I felt calm as soon as I felt George's presence. His warm big hand entwined with mine. His cologne was welcoming and strong. 

"George.." 

George looked up, his eyes red and swollen, filled with tears. I knew nothing would ever be able to bring Fred back, but I knew I'd always be there for George. In every situation, every laugh, every cry, I'd share everything with him. I knew I'd share the rest of my life with him, no matter what. 

He rested his forehead on mine "Kaia.." he cupped my face into his hands and pressed his lips onto mine. I felt that tingling sensation I always felt whenever I kissed George.

"I love you, George."

"I love you too, Kaia."

Even though the road that was yet to come would be bumpy at times I knew having George with me would make it easier. I could get through anything, if I had the love of my life with me, George Weasley.