26

[Kaia's POV]

"And why would I do that?"

Dumbledore had just asked me to join the order of the phoenix instead of joining the dark lord. I didn't know why he taught it would change my mind because it didn't.

"You're smart Kaia. Don't let your emotions get in the way of that. Revenge won't solve anything, it won't make you feel any better." he sighed "However, I would like to make a proposition because I know you're not one to follow the rules-" he raised an eyebrow.

I crossed my legs and smirked awaiting his proposition "I'm listening."

"I want you to go undercover for the order, to become a death eater but report information back to us with a disguise of course." he leaned forwards "I wouldn't propose this if I didn't think you could do it but Kaia this will be very dangerous."

"I'm very aware of the risks." I answered shortly.

Snape shook his head rapidly "With all the respect sir but she's just a child."

"I'm no longer underage you-" I wanted to blurt some nasty words out but managed not to as I swallowed "-you who I do not like very much."

I turned back to look at Dumbledore taking in the way he already looked way older than he did last time I had seen him which had been months before.

"I accept the proposition." I had great respect for the man and wanted to return the favours he had given me in the past by helping him out with joining the order.

I rose from my seat after Dumbledore had told me to meet with the rest of the order members at the Burrow the following day. I knew all too well that the house belonged to the Weasleys. A nervous feeling instantly invaded my entire body. Maybe I was going to see him again?

━━━━━━━━━━━

After contemplating for hours on whether or not to go I finally decided I wasn't going to let fear get the best of me. If I could jump on some dragon's back then I could also walk into a house filled with redheads.

I apparated in front of the tall wooden crooked looking house. Wide meadows surrounded the Weasley's family home. I liked thinking about the fact how they had all grown up in the house. It held many precious memories.

Stepping onto the porch I brought my fist up to knock on the door. Silence was suddenly broken by the loud knock on the wooden door. I was already very aware of the chattering coming from inside which made my heart pound even faster.

"Oh my goodness.." Mrs Weasley stood in the door opening looking very surprised yet worried to see me probably noticing how bad I looked. She pulled me into a tight hug but I just stood there stiff and unable to make myself react in any way possible.

I walked inside still not having said a word until I noticed all the members of the order sitting around the dining table.

"Already started the meeting? Didn't Dumbledore tell you that I was coming?"

Again it was silent for another ten seconds or so until Remus decided to speak up "Y-Yes he informed us, it's good to see you Kaia."

Refusing to look at their eyes I simply nodded and sat down at the table glancing over at the family pictures on the wall instantly drawing my eyes to a certain redhead.

Mad-eye Moody began talking about a werewolf named Greyback together with Remus. I decided to cut right to the point to avoid a very long and awkward meeting.

"I need to know more about the death eaters."

Everyone stared at me all still getting used to the fact that I was actually alive and they weren't hallucinating.

"Yes, we'll come to that later."

I sighed "Fine, this was a waste of my time anyways." I moved my chair back wanting to get up until Remus stopped me.

"Please, hear us out."

I sighed once again, I had no interest in small talk. I wanted to get down to business. Expecting to hear them to continue their talk I was surprised Remus decided to fulfil my wishes as he began talking about a way to make me unknown to the death eaters.

Tonks explained an incantation I could use to create a disguise. I'd have blonde hair and blue eyes and my facial features would slightly change making me a completely different person from the outside.

Remus told me about how I had to become friends with the death eaters first before they'd even trust me enough to be 'death eater worthy'. Barging in would be the worst thing to do.

I had to be reporting back weekly to them and come to a meeting every four weeks. It was the slightest thing I could do in exchange for the intel information about the death eaters Remus had told me and their hiding places.

After two hours that passed surprisingly fast the meeting was over and I stood up ready to leave.

"Dear," Mrs Weasley stood in front of me "are you sure this is what you want to do? It's very dangerous- I can't bare thinking about you getting hurt, you're practically my own child."

I shook my head "I appreciate the concern Mrs Weasley but there's no need besides I'm nobody's child anymore." saying that not only shocked her but myself as well, I was so cold and rude. Saying that I was an orphan out loud left a stinging pain in my body. A fact that would never be easy to take in.

I realised how the others had heard my harsh words as well but my eyes were instantly drawn to two chocolate brown eyes that made their way down the stairs. Two eyes I had feared yet longed to see. He froze in place shocked to see me. Not wanting to make it harder than it already was I told the members good bye and apparated away from the burrows.

It had been an intensely long day.