42

[Kaia's POV]

An overwhelming familiar smell invaded my nostrils. My body felt warm as I was comfortably laying under a blanket. My body was hurting less. 

Someone held onto my hand tightly. I fluttered my eyes open and saw the redhead sleeping on a chair next to me. 

I really made it, I made it home. It was only then I realised where my home was. It wasn't a place, it was a feeling I got whenever I was with the people I loved. 

I cried loudly but it wasn't a normal cry of sadness, it was a mixed feeling of happiness, calmness, being thankful and lucky. My sobs had woken the others up. 

"Kaia!" 

"G-George." my voice sounded weak. George leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. He gently caressed my cheek and wiped the tears away. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me in a hug. 

"I love you." I said but it was almost as quiet as a whisper. 

"I love you too, so much." he said through tears of his own, never had I seen him cry before. 

I managed to smile and met eyes with all of the others. They were all there and that made me feel safe and at ease. As I looked back into his chocolate brown eyes it didn't take long for me to lose my consciousness, again.

━━━━━━━━━━━

I fluttered my eyes open, I realised the sun that was earlier shining through the windows was now gone. It was nighttime and I realised the others were eating dinner at the table not far away from me. 

I look down at my arm and realised there was a drip needle in my wrist that led to a machine next to the couch with clear antibiotics in a bag.

"She's awake!" Ginny squealed from the table and suddenly everyone made their way to the couch. I grinned to myself and tried to sit up. 

"Hey! I don't think you should-" 

"Georgie, let her." Fred winked at me. 

"Thanks, Freddie." 

George nodded and helped my up to lean against a pillow. I grunted quietly as I felt the throbbing pain in my head but I ignored it and looked up at the people sitting around me. I couldn't believe I was actually surrounded by the people I loved and the people who loved me?

"I'm sorry for everything," 

"No need to apologise!" Remus said quickly with a kind smile on his face. 

"You're one of the bravest," Mr Weasley started.

"strongest," Fred added. 

"and smartest!" Hermione finished. 

I shook my head with tears in my eyes "I'm not- I don't deserve you all.." 

"That's not true, dear." Mrs Weasley grabbed my small hand into her. 

"We love you." George said as he tugged some hair behind my ear. 

"You're family." Fred said. 

I smiled and met eyes with all of the ones staring back at me. For a moment I felt the luckiest girl alive. 

After talking to the others for a while and explaining what I had been doing George practically ordered me to lay down. The others had decided to go to bed. After telling them good night I was left with George. 

He sat next to me on a chair his hand still in mine. 

"Lay with me?" I asked. 

Although the couch wasn't that big it was just big enough for him to lay next to me. He nodded and laid down next to me. I rested my head on his chest and listened to the static rhythm of his comforting heartbeat.

"Kaia?" 

"Yes?"

"What happened to you?" he asked but he sounded frightened to hear my answer. 

I swallowed and let the memories of the past few weeks rush through my mind. I remembered all the pain, the screams and the horror I experienced. 

"They had me chained up to a wall, in a dungeon under the Malfoy's manor." I bit my lip before continuing as I felt George tensing up "The left me for days without water or food. Everyday they'd bring me up into the living room and torture me in front of death eaters and V-Voldemort himself.." 

George's heartbeat was now not as calm as it was just a minute ago. He clenched his fists. 

"I escaped with the help of Alec Yihin and Ethan Malfoy." 

"Ethan helped you? Alec Yi- who?"

"Yes, he helped me. Alec Yihin is one of the vampires that was there the night my mother got killed." saying their names out loud made me wander if they were still alive or not, especially Ethan. I know my love for him had always been fake but that didn't mean I hadn't start to care about him. He had always been nothing but kind to me. 

"It wasn't just some random accident- my mom's murder. Voldemort had  assigned them to do it." 

"What? Why?" 

"Because he wanted to punish my dad, because of my dad resistance at that time." 

I looked up at George and realised how much I had only hoped to see him once again when I was down in that dungeon. 

"There was one person that got me through all of it, I would've given up without the thought of him. You, George. I couldn't have done this without you. I love you."