25

A month later..

[Narrator's POV]

Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.

After the passing of her father Kaia had been on her own. She had only one thing left on her mind; revenge. She felt like every time someone would get close they'd end up getting thorn away from her. She decided shutting herself off from her friends and family would be a way of protecting them and herself. 'All I do is cause problems' she thought to herself.

The small brunette walked down Knockturn alley. A dark place she had been spending lots of her time at. Not only did she get to plan her revenge but the fact that she'd most likely never cross paths with her friends and family there made her feel somewhat calm. For some reason talking to them was the last thing she wanted.

Hours passed before she finally saw something interesting happening. A tall blonde Slytherin walked into one a building at the end of the street; Borgin and Burkes. She followed him inside and tried to blend in as she pretended to look around. Hiding behind one of the shelves her eyes narrowed making the scar on her temple less visible. One of the many scars she earned the day her father died.

"But you know how to fix it?" Draco asked Mr Borgin, the owner of the store.

"Possibly, I'll need to see it though. Why don't you bring it into the shop?" the man's smoky voice told the blonde guy.

Draco looked somewhat frustrated "I just need you to tell me how to do it." he snapped.

"It will be a very difficult job, I cannot guarantee anything.." Mr Borgin shrugged.

"No?" Draco spat "Perhaps this will make you more confident?"

Kaia's jaw dropped as the young Malfoy pulled his sleeve up to show the dark mark on his forearm. A snake tattoo entangled with a skull. Meaning Draco Malfoy was a death eater.

"Very well." Mr Borgin was convinced, terrified of the consequences would he not do as the dark lord wished.

The two men were mumbling about some incantation to repair something but Kaia could not overhear exactly what they said. She sighed deeply wanting to get some useful inside information. Her deep thoughts were interrupted when she felt a cold hand on her shoulder.

Pulling her wand out of her pocket she turned around to face the person behind her. A tall man dressed in black robes with dark eyes and dark hair stared at the small girl.

"Snape?" she frowned her thin eyebrows, confused to see him in the dark parts of London.

"Miss Black?" he scanned the very noticeable bags under her eyes, her face looking bony making her to look unhealthily thin and he saw the scar on her temple with a story attached to it "What are you doing here?"

She snapped her hands on her hips "Funny, I could ask you the same thing."

"I need you to come with me." Snape grabbed the girl's fragile wrist.

"No!" Kaia tried to pull her wrist away but it was unsuccessful as the both of them apparated into Dumbledore's office, someone was eager to see her.

"Sir, I found her." Snape said, proudly "She was snooping around in Knockturn alley."

"Apparently I wasn't the only one!" the girl scowled with her wand still aiming at Snape "You had no right to take me away like that."

"Kaia!" Dumbledore sat behind his desk looking over at the petite brunette, he also noticed how she looked like she hadn't been sleeping nor eating "It's great to see you, we were all very worried."

"No need for that, I'm fine as you can see." the girl replied sharply.

"Sit down, please."

Even though she didn't like being told what to do she had great respect for the old wizard. After all if it wasn't because of him her and Harry would probably be dead.

She sat down sighing loudly enough for the both of them to hear.

"I'd like to know what business you had in Knockturn alley, as we all know it's not one of the nicest places to be wandering around in."

"With all the respect sir but that's really none of your business." she crossed her arms leaning back in the chair.

Snape groaned, not liking the tone in her voice but Dumbledore was quick to reassure him "It's alright, Severus."

Kaia found it quite entertaining to see Snape reacting like a loyal dog to the old wizard. She couldn't help but snort instantly. When she realised how crazy she probably looked she covered her mouth with her hands.

"May I remind you that seeking comfort with the darkest sorts of us wizards and witches isn't exactly going to make you feel better, Kaia."

Kaia tilted her head back letting out a breathy laugh "Seeking comfort with those animals? That's the last thing I want." a dark smirk appeared on her small face "I'm going to become one." she held her finger up "I've already made up my mind so spare the energy to try and change it."

"What is the reason behind your sudden interest in the dark side?"

"I'm only interested in one thing, sir." she smirked once again "That is revenge."