21

[George's POV]

Watching her apparate with tears in her eyes was painful to watch. I wanted to run to her and wrap my arms around her fragile body but I knew that was the last thing she wanted at that moment.

Guilt was rushing through me thinking about what I had said. I hurt the very person I loved so much.

I sat in the common room with Fred and the others after we had tried looking for her but all of us knew she would've apparated somewhere far from Hogwarts.

"You're a stupid git, George." Fred so gladly reminded me but I couldn't with him more.

"That he is." Angelina added.

"Where would she go to?" Lee asked as he nervously tapped his feet on the wooden floor boards.

"Maybe if you stop tapping your foot like that I can think clearly." Angelina scowled as she paced around the room.

Lee furrowed his eyebrows and tapped even faster. I rolled my eyes letting out a long sigh as I leaned back against the couch.

Hours passed and still no sign of Kaia. It was already dark outside we were discussing on whether or not to inform the teachers.

"It'll only get her in more trouble you morons!" Lee told us.

Angelina gasped and ran towards the door of the common room. I turned around and sighed in relief to see Kaia walking inside as if nothing had happened.

"We were so worried!" Angelina squeezed Kaia in a hug almost making it unable for her to breathe.

"Why?" Kaia asked blankly not sparing me one look. She was definitely avoiding looking at me.

"Are you kidding me? We've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Here I am, you found me. If you don't mind I'm going to bed. I'm very tired." She said and left the common room in a hurry being followed by Angelina.

What had I done..

[Kaia's POV]

After the awful fight with George the both of us continued ignoring each other well mostly me.

I felt George's eyes burn on me many times but his painful words kept popping in my mind. Though I knew I hurt him too I decided to focus on studying. Exams were only a week away; the easter holidays had begun but almost every student stayed at Hogwarts.

Just many others I locked myself up most of the days daring not to do anything else but studying. My friends on the other hand didn't take the exams as seriously as they mostly enjoyed the weather. The snow had melted and the temperature had gone up unbelievably fast. 

Dad and I had sent several letters back and forth. Both of us missing each other. I couldn't wait to spent the summer with him. He told me he wanted to take me on a long vacation somewhere very warm which I desperately needed. 

"Kaia? We're going to the lake, wanna come with?" Angelina plopped on my bed staring intensely at the focused 'study' look on my face.

"I don't think so." I held my book up reminding her of the ongoing studying I needed to do.

She sighed and made her famous puppy eyes, her lips pouting "Come on," she shook my arms "if you don't take a break now you're brain's going to explode!"

"I really need to study-"

"Please!" she begged pouting her lips once again.

"Fine, I'll just take this with me then.." I sighed as she pulled me to stand up. 

Feeling the warmth of the sun shining onto my skin felt surprisingly good. We made our way to the lake where the guys would be awaiting our company. 

I instantly looked down at my feet as the guys started yelling our names like crazy persons besides George who kept his intense gaze on me. 

"Blackie! Glad to see you're alive, I thought the books had eaten you alive!" Fred smirked. I raised one eyebrow as I lifted my book in the air.

"You're no fun!"

I grinned and sat down. I pulled my shoes off and buried my feet in the warm sand. As I began reading the book I had brought with me Fred and Lee jumped into the water. 

"Angelina, I know you want to join us!" Fred chuckled. Without thinking twice Angelina pulled her clothes off leaving her in the red bikini she wore. I watched as she ran into the water squeamish of the cold water on her bare skin. 

I realised how I was left with George. We sat in silence but I could feel how tense the air was between us. 

"Kaia," George began to speak up, I bit the inside of my cheek as I turned to look into his chocolate eyes "Can we talk about what happened?"

I looked down at my hands trying to think of a reasonable excuse not to talk to him. I threw the book from my hands and jumped up. 

"I'm feeling like going for a swim." I pulled my clothes off and stood there in the black bikini I wore. I ran into the water instantly regretting it as the cold water hit my skin. 

I joined the others in the water and began splashing water at them as they looked surprised to see me getting into the water at all. 

Angelina and I began swimming away as Lee and Fred tried to catch us. 

"You can't hide from me," Lee yelled at me as he swam after me obviously being way faster than me "I told you!" he grabbed ahold of me and hung me over his shoulder. Both of us laughing as he started tickling me. 

"Let me go." I chuckled barely being able to breathe.

"As you wish!" Lee dropped me into the water. I decided to give him a payback as I started tickling him from under water. As I reached the surface I heard his loud laughs.

Soon after I realised how George had gotten into the water as well making jealous eyes at me and Lee. But he was way off there, Lee and I were just friends. Good friends having fun.