41

It felt like days had passed as I stumbled my way through the woods. Crawling, falling and walking was how I made it through the high trees. 

My legs were not far from giving up as well as the rest of my body but I couldn't give up now. I had come so far. 

The fact that I was almost naked didn't help with the cold. I crossed my arms as if hugging myself. I breathed heavily until suddenly I held my breath when I saw where I was. The burrow. 

I fell onto the ground and once again the scar on my cheek was ripped back open. Blood dripped down my face, it was warm which felt freakishly nice on my cold skin. 

I continued to crawl forwards, my entire body aching from the pain. My head was heavy and my sight almost inexistent. My head was pounding as if yelling for help. 

"Help!" I yelled but it wasn't as loud as I wanted. 

Sweat was dripping down my face which was weird because I was freezing. I wiped it off with the back of my hand. Not only was my hand now covered in sweat but blood as well.

I approached the house. Even though a healthy person would've gotten to the house in only a few seconds it took me way longer. 

I pulled myself up by holding onto the stairs. Every step on the stairs took a minute or two. Finally I reached the front door but instead of knocking I collapsed against the door. Everything was spinning but instead of freaking out I let out a deep breath of relief that I had made it.

[George's POV]

A loud thud was heard from outside the front door. All of us looked confused. Me and dad decided to check it out. 

When dad opened the door I was shocked to find Kaia's almost naked body laying on the ground. She was covered in blood, cuts, dirt and bruises. She looked like she hadn't been eating in weeks. 

I gasped and felt instant tears in my eyes. I scooped her tiny fragile body in my arms and brought her inside. 

My gasps were heard from the others. The couch was cleared and I laid her down. She was non-responsive to us calling her name; unconscious. 

Remus left in a hurry to get a healer. 

Tears left my eyes as I studied her wounded face. It was paler than ever. A big scar covered her right cheek. I gently brought her hand up, my lips brushing against her soft cold skin. 

It only took a few minutes for madame Pomfrey to arrive. She examined Kaia and took care of the wounds. I refused to leave Kaia's side so I sat on a chair next to the couch keeping my eyes on her face that scrunched up every once in a while. 

When madame Pomfrey removed the blood of her belly we were all shocked to find out that letters were carved into her stomach. 

'Traitor'

"I'm going to be sick-" mom cried as dad helped her to the kitchen. 

I cried thinking about what she had been through, through all the torture. 

"She's very strong and definitely not a quitter. All those wounds could've killed her if she didn't come here." 

"Will she make it?" Fred asked with tears in his eyes tapping his foot on the wooden floor board.

"If she made it all the way here on foot then I'd say she'll be able to get through the recovery process as well but her heart is failing. I'll be able to heal most of her wounds but she'll have to do the rest on her own."

Hermione and Tonks walked out of the room both crying. Ron followed them in a hurry. 

"Someone will have to watch her continuously for the next few days, she can't go to the hospital with Voldemort out there."

"I will!" I yelled.

"Everyone will." Fred said as he rested a hand on my shoulder. 

After madame Pomfrey took care of Kaia's wounds using spells and medicine her and mom began dressing her into some shorts and a big jumper; her favourite. 

"She has had a rough few weeks, she's lost too much weight and she's extremely dehydrated. She has a fever and some serious infections. I gave her some antibiotics and I'll put her on a drip. For now she'll just need to rest, eat, drink and be around the people she loves."

"Thank you, Poppy." mom hugged madame Pomfrey. 

Now it was up to Kaia. She's a fighter, she could do this.