31

[George's POV]

Fred and I sat down at the dinner table ready for our first ever order of the phoenix meeting. Yes, we were finally a part of the order. Our biggest motivation being so we'd be able to know more about Kaia's whereabouts, also we'd be able to see her at the meetings and talk to her. I hated not knowing if she was ok or not.

"Shall we start the meeting?" Remus asked.

"Kaia isn't her yet." Fred and I said in unison.

"Kaia will not be able to come," a deep voice said from across the room, Dumbledore had come "it's a sad announcement but Kaia has decided to quit the order. She's joined the dark lord's side."

"Yes, but not really. She's undercover. Right?" Remus asked.

Dumbledore had a mournful look on his face as he shook his head.

"You're lying, Kaia would never-"

"I'm sorry, George. It's the truth."

I balled my fists and slammed them on the table making most of the others flinch.

"This is all on the order, you made her- it's all your fault!"

[Kaia's POV]

Both Dumbledore and I decided it was best for me to quit the order. Now that I had been given the task to assist in Dumbledore's murder it was more dangerous than ever for me to be a part of the order.

Not only did it bring me in danger but the people whom I loved as well, I couldn't risk that. They couldn't know anything about what I had gotten myself into. I'd rather have them think of me of a monster than them being in danger.

The winter months had taken longer than ever. Not only was the cold a reason behind that but the loneliness as well. Yes, I hung out with death eaters a lot but they weren't exactly the nicest company.

Being Ethan's official girlfriend made me want to throw up but then again he was the reason behind me being a death eater after all.

"You look exhausted, have you and Malfoy been- you know- getting it on all night?" Amycus Carrow; one of the many monstrous death eaters asked.

I shook my head letting out a breathy laugh "Just couldn't sleep."

It was true, I couldn't sleep. Nightmares were getting to me. Every night was a struggle. I'd either fall asleep and wake up screaming; being terrified or I'd stay up all night not wanting to experience it all over again.

"Well, I don't know about you but I'm out of here. I'm falling asleep in this dead hole."

I grinned and watched as he left the pub. Suddenly I felt two big hands covering my eyes. I already knew who it was as I smelled his familiar minty cologne.

"Guess who?"

"Wow, this is hard. I wouldn't possibly be able to know." I said sarcastically.

Ethan laughed and gave me a quick peck on my right cheek.

"Are you ok? You look exhausted."

I groaned "Why does everyone say that?"

"Because it's the truth." Ethan chuckled and ordered himself a drink "You're still beautiful to me." he whispered. I cringed but pretended to smile.

"I need to go."

"Already?"

I bit my lip and nodded quickly as I saw a disappointed look appear on his face.

"Still on for tomorrow night?"

"Diagon Alley, ten o'clock?"

"Yes." Ethan kissed me on the lips before I turned to leave. I felt his eyes burning on my back as I exited the pub. I let out a sigh as soon as I got out. Exhausting.