32

I opened my eyes from the short nap I had taken. I could feel my back being itchy of the hay. The shed was definitely getting on my nerves.

In a hurry I changed into my disguise. The nap had been a little too long because I was supposed to meet Ethan minutes before. 

I apparated in Diagon Alley. I walked fast until I bumped into someone and fell onto my knees. My bare legs scratching on the cold hard ground. 

The person helped me up and apologised. His voice made me freeze. I looked at his tall figure. Those chocolate eyes were only inches away from me. 

"I'm sorry, you alright?" he asked not knowing who I was.

"It's ok." I smiled nervously. 

"You coming Weasley?" 

I cocked my head to the side when I realised Angelina, Lee and Fred were all there waiting for George. All of them seemingly different than last time I saw them. A part of me just wanted to blow my disguise and run into their arms but then I remembered why I was doing all of it.

"Y-Yeah, coming." George narrowed his eyes at me, he was slightly confused as if he saw right through my disguise. I nervously tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. 

I sighed in relieve when George walked away with the other three. I realised they were going to the same bar I was supposed to meet Ethan in. I rolled my eyes. Of course..

Ethan was already sitting at the bar downing a few drinks. I greeted him as I sat down next to him. He smiled with excitement and kissed me on the lips. He ordered me a drink and started telling me about the rough day he had. 

Even though I pretended to be listening I couldn't help but glance at my four friends sitting at the other side of the bar. My heart sunk slightly wanting nothing more but to run over to them. 

I tried ignoring their laughs and talks but I just couldn't. 

The music in the pub got louder and louder. Meanwhile lots of people had started to dance. Eventually even Fred and Angelina started dancing. The both of them making extremely goofy moves making me snort. 

"What's so funny?" 

"What?" I asked before I realised I had started to laugh. 

"You just laughed, what's funny?" 

"Oh, n-nothing. The way those people danced was just pathetic." 

Ethan glanced over his shoulder now looking at my friends, he laughed "Let's show them what dancing really is."

Ethan rose from the stool and pulled me with him.

"No, I can't. I can't dance." 

Ethan laughed once again "You're a weird one, you are. You're one of the strongest witches I know, you know every kind of spell, you can turn into a lioness yet you can't do the simplest thing- dancing." 

I rolled my eyes and giggled as we started dancing. Well if you can really call my moves dancing though.. Weirdly I was genuinely having fun with Ethan. He twirled me around a few times and laughed at my goofy moves. But soon the fun was over when I looked over Ethan's shoulder at my friends. 

"I'll be right back, babe. I'm just going to talk to my friend over there." Ethan kissed me on the cheek and left to talk with an unknown guy on the other side of the pub. He greeted him with excitement as if they hadn't seen each other in a while. 

I turned back around and my eyes were once again met with George's. I swallowed and quickly passed them as I hurried towards the bathroom. But when I was about to open the bathroom door George stopped me by putting his hand on the door. I flinched and turned around, my back now pressed against the wall. 

"I know who you are." 

"What?" I bit my lip "I have to go." 

I tried walking away but George grabbed my wrist pulling me back to face him. Why can't he just leave me alone? What if Ethan sees us? George is about to get us both killed.

"I know it's you, Kaia." 

I instantly felt my eyes were starting to water. I looked down at my feet but George brought his hand to my chin and pulled it up so that I was looking him in the eyes. 

"Leave me alone, please-" 

"Kaia, talk to me." 

"There's nothing to talk about, I need you to stay away from me!" 

"Raven? Babe, you alright?" Ethan said from behind me, George instantly let go go my wrist. I nodded at Ethan who now had his hand on my waist. 

"What's wrong? Is he bothering you?" 

"N-No, I just- can we go?" 

"Yes, of course." Ethan kissed me shortly on the lips. I knew George was still watching but I hoped it would make him leave me alone. I hated it, every bone in my body wanted it to be him to kiss me. 

Ethan escorted me through the crowded pub and led me outside.

"What happened in there?" he asked. 

"It's nothing. I just miss my family and friends. Can we just forget about it? I know how pathetic I sound right now." 

"It's not pathetic but yes we can forget about it." 

We were standing next to the house he stayed in.

"Do you want to come in for a bit?" 

Even though I knew what would happen if I agreed to coming into his house I said 'yes'. I hoped my feeling for George would fade away. Conclusion it didn't. I felt worse and my feelings for George only grew stronger.