Chapter 35

"So, you ready for classes to start?" Quinn asked Ryan teasingly as they sat next to each other on the sofa at Quinn's house watching a movie. School would be starting the next day, and the pair were enjoying the last day of summer vacation together.

Ryan smiled. "I guess so. I've got a new plan of attack set out for the glee club. We're going to win Nationals for sure this year, especially since Mom isn't with VA anymore. This is going to be our year," he said confidently. He glanced at her. "How about you? Are you planning on rejoining the Cheerios?"

After a moment Quinn nodded. "Yes. I'm going to see if Coach Sylvester will give me my spot back." If not, she'd find some way to get it back. "Is that okay with you?"

Ryan's smile dimmed a bit, but he nodded. "Of course. If it makes you happy. If you don't mind me asking though, why do you want to go back?"

She looked at him. "I need to get back. I was at the top of the school before, Ryan. And I lost it all. The best way to get some of it back is through the Cheerios."

Ryan nodded, trying to tamp down the insecurities that flared up once again. What if Quinn got all her popularity back and decided she didn't want him anymore? What if Finn Hudson decided to try to take her back? He wasn't under any illusions that anything would change at McKinley. He was still one of the school losers, and their loss at Regionals wouldn't help any. He shook himself slightly. Quinn wouldn't drop him just like that. "Well, I hope you get it back." He leaned into Quinn and gave her a deep kiss.

Quinn returned the kiss enthusiastically, pressing closer to him on the sofa. He was never going to get tired of this. One of his hands tangled itself into Quinn's hair, the other running slowly up and down her back. Quinn pulled back slightly, the need for air overpowering her need to be as close as possible to Ryan. "How about we go upstairs?" she said breathlessly.

Moments later, they were in Quinn's room, sitting next to each other on the bed, locked in a searing kiss. Ryan moved his lips to her neck, heartbeat picking up when he felt Quinn shiver under his ministrations. He started to move lower to her collarbone. "Is this okay?" he asked softly.

Quinn felt a rush of affection for her boyfriend. "Yeah," she answered, running a hand through his dark hair. A moment later she gave a slight gasp as Ryan brushed a particularly sensitive spot, making him hesitate a bit and draw back, letting her decide whether or not to stop. Quinn smirked. A couple of seconds later she started pushing Ryan backwards onto the bed, ending up partially on top of him. Ryan's head was spinning by now, and his mind could hardly keep up.

Suddenly he felt her hand ghosting over his crotch, and he involuntarily bucked his hips up. "S-sorry," he said apologetically.

"You okay?" Quinn asked innocently. Ryan just stared at her for a moment.

"Oh, I'm - I'm - good," he finally got out. She probably hadn't meant to do that.

"Good," his girlfriend whispered, kissing him wetly on the neck. Ryan shut his eyes, trying in vain to get his mind under control from the girl who was practically on top of him. His eyes widened and he gasped as he felt more pressure on his crotch. There was no way that was accidental.

"Quinn -"

His train of thought was effectively cut off by Quinn kissing him hard on the lips, and he let out a choked moan at the feel of her slipping a hand under his shirt. He bucked again when she ground against him, and he screwed his eyes shut, trying to keep it in. The next thing he knew, Quinn was next to him on the bed, a smile playing on her lips. "Let's pray."

Ryan's mouth worked up and down for a moment as he struggled to get his train of thoughts back. Panting, he met Quinn's eyes for a moment. She was teasing him, the little minx! He was almost ashamed that he'd taken this long to figure it out, but hey, he was a little preoccupied. He let his head fall back on the bed, trying to get his breath back. Okay. So that's how it was. He'd have to figure out how to get her back soon.