Chapter 45

"Morning," Quinn smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist, her face leaning against his shoulders.

"Good morning," Ryan grinned, looking at her over his shoulder. "You're looking happy today." He turned around to give her a kiss.

"Yeah, my mom and I talked a little. We have another appointment with the therapist later."

"How's that going?"

"Pretty well, actually." To Quinn's surprise, the therapy sessions were helping a bit. She'd been dubious at first, probably the result of Russell's rants about the ineffectiveness of shrinks and all that, but she thought she and her mom were getting a little better.

"That's good to hear." He shut his locker, Quinn latching onto his proffered arm. He smiled contentedly, leaning his head on hers for a moment. She smiled as well, relishing the closeness. He just seemed to make everything better, and she couldn't believe what an idiot she'd been to not notice him sooner than she had.

"You know the whole school's talking about how Karofsky got his nose broken," she commented. "He isn't telling anyone what happened, but apparently the story's already out."

"I guess he doesn't want it getting around that his nose got broken by a gleek," Ryan said musingly as they walked to class. "A lot of people were in the locker room, though."

Soon, Quinn got the feeling that people were watching them. She should know, she'd spent two years making sure that all eyes were on her whenever she passed. This was different though. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a couple of freshman girls who were giggling and whispering, taking fleeting glances at Ryan. Quinn frowned at them slightly, almost imperceptibly tightening her hold on her boyfriend's arm. The two girls quickly looked away, not wanting to risk the wrath of the head Cheerio.

"Something wrong?" Ryan asked.

"No, it's nothing." Quinn kept her gaze on the two girls for another moment before turning back to Ryan, who was looking at her with a perplexed expression on his face. "Really."

"Okay, then," he said, before grinning excitedly. "So, I've had a few new ideas for Sectionals, we should really start getting ready soon..."

..

Meanwhile, one Sue Sylvester was in the principal's office, feverishly writing in her journal.

Dear Journal,

The day is ruined. Ruined. Oh, it started out fantastically, Journal. I'm marrying the one person perfect for Sue Sylvester - Sue Sylvester - on Saturday. The invitations to the White House have been sent out by Becky, and the dress fitting went swimmingly. Sure, I may have made the seamstress cry, but she should have been a little more careful with her pins.

Everything was perfect, Journal. But then HORROR!

That woman, who ignored Jean and myself for all those years, had the audacity to come waltzing into my office to insult the wedding planner. She finally found the last Nazi. Well congratulations, MOTHER, I hope you're happy with yourself. I hand-picked that wedding planner myself, and my mother has no right to insult my decisions. Only I can make my workers cry!

And then she had the audacity to tell me that she was going to sing at my wedding! The travesty, Journal! If I wanted music at my wedding I would have invited Butt-Chin and the rest of those mouth-breathers he calls a glee club.

Actually, Journal, I've just had a brilliant idea to deal with my murderous fury...it wouldn't do to have another rage-induced blackout...

The next day found Shelby sitting in the teacher's lounge at lunchtime, chatting with Shannon Beiste and watching in mild disgust as the large woman devoured an entire roast chicken with great gusto. She'd figured out that it was best if she was done eating when Shannon started, since the sight was a bit off-putting. The woman was okay, but really, was it necessary to stuff oneself with an entire fowl at every meal?