Chapter 74

Just before lunch on Monday, Ryan was greeted by Brittany pushing a pack of Pixie Sticks at him. "Hi Ryan!" she said sweetly. "You want one?"

Ryan took one of the candies from the box. "Thank you Brittany. How is your campaign going?" After Kurt had turned down Brittany's poster designs for his student class president campaign, Brittany had decided to run for the position herself with Santana's encouragement. Brittany had announced her campaign by leading a rousing flashmob of Who Runs the World this morning in front of the whole school.

"It's going awesome," Brittany smiled. "So, Ryan, do you like my posters? Lord Tubbington led on the designs."

"Yes, Brittany, they're very..." Ryan took a moment to look for the right words to describe the glittery pink posters. "Delightful. Very you."

"That's exactly what I was going for," the blonde said, pleased. "So can I count on your vote for the student elections? I'm pushing the fact that we've had nothing but male student presidents in the past, and look what that's got us - double digit inflation, economic freefall, oil spills, war in Afghanistan. So we don't want another guy as a president."

Ryan tilted his head. "Okay... I should probably take that as an offense to my gender."

"Don't worry, I totally know you're a bicorn like me."

Again, Ryan let that comment pass, unsure of what that meant. "... But I do agree that you might make a better president that Kurt." Not to mention he was still mad at Kurt, but he wouldn't let that get in the way of his voting sensibilities. All right, maybe he would, a little. It wasn't like student council president counted for that much. "So yes, you have my vote."

"Awesome!" Brittany leaned over, pinning a bright pink badge to the front of his sweater. Yes, he was still wearing sweaters, but they were more tasteful now, at least according to his mom and his girlfriend. "Also, can I tell you a secret?"

"Yeah, sure."

"There's a leprechaun living in my house."

Ryan blinked. "Excuse me?"

"His name's Rory. He's from Ireland, and he wears green like all the time, so he's totally a leprechaun. He's disguising himself as a foreign exchange student."

"Ohhh." Realization dawned. "That's... nice."

"Yeah," Brittany nodded enthusiastically. "It's a secret, 'cause everyone knows leprechauns have the power to grant wishes, so if everybody knew about it his magic might go out. But anyways, the reason I'm telling you is 'cause I heard Rory Leprechaun singing the other day, and I thought -"

"You thought maybe he could join the glee club," Ryan grinned.

"Well, actually I thought you could use a wish to get more members, but I guess that might be a tall order. Your idea could work too," the cheerleader shrugged.

"That's great, Brittany," Ryan said happily. "I'll go talk to him and try to convince him to join. Do you know where he is?"

"I'm not really sure," Brittany said. "He can, you know, make himself invisible. But if I see him I'll tell him to let you see him, okay? Now, I'll see you later, Ry, I've got to give out more of these Pixie Sticks."

Ryan blinked again in surprise as Brittany skipped off to a group of students, handing out her candy. He shook his head. Talking to Brittany was always an adventure. Anyways, it looked like he had a new recruit to hunt down. This would bring the new club's numbers up to ten. Just two more and they'd be in business.

..

Meanwhile, Quinn opened her locker before heading to the lunchroom. She checked her appearance in the mirror, fingering the tips of her bright pink hair. Her bet with Santana had been up for a while, but the color had sort of grown on her. Not to mention Ryan thought it was hot. Still, maybe it was time to go back to blonde.