Chapter 96

Santana eyed Quinn as the blonde balanced precariously between the parallel bars at the rehab center. "You do know that if you fall over or something, I'm not gonna catch you, right?"

Quinn rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I think I got that."

"Don't worry, Q, I'll totally catch you," Brittany chimed in.

"Thank you, Brittany," Quinn said with a pointed glare at Santana. After letting Ryan in, Quinn had begun to let her other friends accompany her to her rehab sessions. Brittany and Santana had taken to coming with her every once in a while, most notably when Ryan couldn't come. He and Shelby were working on his audition pieces as well as the arrangements for Nationals, and Quinn understood perfectly. She could function perfectly well without him attached to her side, and she wanted him to do well at his auditions. Besides, it was nice to spend time with Brittany. And Santana too, in small doses.

Slowly she shuffled over to the bench, carefully lowering herself down. She could see Santana watching her out of the corner of her eye though, and she suspected that no matter what she said, her friend wouldn't really let her fall. Brittany grinned happily at Quinn's success, bounding over to sit next to her with an ease that sent a pang of envy through Quinn. She'd give a lot to be able to move like that again.

"I almost forgot," Brittany said excitedly. "Mrs. Doosenbury gave the Geography test results back!" She pulled a sheet of paper out, waving them in Quinn's face. "I got a B!"

"Britts, that's awesome," Quinn smiled at her.

"Yeah it is," Santana agreed, a proud smile appearing on her face.

"Plus I got a C plus in Chemistry and a B plus in Spanish," Brittany gushed. "So I'm totally gonna graduate with you guys!" She wrapped Quinn in an impulsive hug that almost caused her to lose her balance. "Sorry," Brittany apologized, before smiling shyly. "I totally couldn't have done it without you guys' help."

Quinn bumped her shoulder. "Anything for you, B." Santana just nodded in agreement. Quinn smiled at the idea that they would all be graduating together. It was only right, after all. They'd started high school as the Unholy Trinity, and while they'd had their fights, they should leave high school as the Unholy Trinity too.

"I kinda wish I could do something for you too," Brittany mused. "But unless you want in on one of Lord Tubbington's drug deals, I'm not sure what to give you."

"I think I'll pass on the drugs," Quinn said dryly. "But I do have something I think you could help me with."

"Oh?" Brittany immediately perked up.

Quinn took a deep breath. "Prom's coming up next week. And I'm walking. So maybe... you could help me start learning how to dance again. Nothing too fancy," she added hastily. She could barely walk ten feet after all. "Just... just enough for one dance. With Ryan."

Brittany squealed happily, hugging her again. "That's going to be so awesome! Of course I'll help you." She bounced up off the bench, holding out her hands. Quinn gaped at her.

"You... you mean now?"

"No, Lucy Q, she meant next week after prom," Santana snarked. "When else were you planning?"

Quinn scowled at Santana before looking up at Brittany. "I..." She hesitated for a moment. "Okay." She reached for Brittany's hands, carefully using the other girl's grip to leverage herself into a standing position despite the twinge of protest in her back.

"Awesome," Brittany grinned, putting her hand on Quinn's lower back, her other hand holding Quinn's. "Okay. So you remember how it goes, right? You just sort of sway to the music." She started swaying to an imaginary beat, causing Quinn to chuckle softly.