Chapter 98

Sue raised her bullhorn as she pulled the bus to a stop. "Okay, people, last stop, everybody out!"

The Troubletones reached the Hyatt Regency in Chicago at around six in the evening on Friday, the students buzzing excitedly as they filed off the bus with Shelby doing a headcount. Ryan grinned as he took Quinn's hand, assisting her off the bus. "You know, I'm glad Mr. Motta sprung for such a nice hotel," he commented.

Sugar smiled happily. "Yeah, this is one of Daddy's favorite hotels in Chicago. He gets a discount and everything. I can't wait until he gets here on Sunday!" She hurried to Shelby's side as she approached the registration counter. "I asked Daddy to get enough rooms so that we have two to a room."

"That's what I'm talking about," Santana crowed, kissing Brittany on the cheek.

"Unfortunately, I'm not," Shelby cut in dryly. "I'm not putting together anyone who I think is going to have sex, and there will officially be no switching of rooms." All around the lobby, knowing smirks were shared between couples, and Shelby sighed. Ryan's smirk widened. Whether or not his mom told them to stay in their own rooms, they all knew people would end up jumping rooms unless she wanted to check each room on the hour. He highly doubted that.

"Well, personally, I don't care if each of you ends up doing the nasty," Sue said bluntly, shouldering past the kids to Shelby's side. "But there is only room on the bus for one pregnancy and the slot's taken."

Shelby rolled her eyes. "Nobody leaves the lobby until we're checked in," she ordered. She turned to the receptionist. "Yes, I have a reservation under Al Motta."

"Hey Ryan, don't go buying any tickets to Cats again," Santana teased as the group wandered towards the elevators. Quinn chuckled as Ryan shot them both an annoyed glare.

"That was one time," he grumbled. "And I maintain that it was very easy to be swept in the excitement of being in New York for the first time." He shook his head, regaining his enthusiasm. "I've been looking online -"

"Wanky."

"Shut up, Santana. I've been conducting some research, and there are a variety of attractions in Chicago, more specifically in the immediate area," Ryan continued. "I've drawn up an itinerary for tomorrow, since Mom is giving us up to three in the afternoon off before we go for a final rehearsal session." He pulled out a folder as the other Troubletones crowded around. Ryan smiled widely at the positive reception as he started to go through his prepared itinerary. He'd made one for New York last year but hadn't gotten past the word 'itinerary' before he'd been shouted down.

"All right, we're checked in," Shelby announced, coming over to the huddled group. "What are you doing?"

"We're apparently planning to trawl the city tomorrow," Quinn drawled.

"We're not trawling the whole city, Quinn, just the immediate area," Ryan defended. "Don't worry, I've allotted plenty of time for transit and for appreciation of the locale."

Shelby just smiled in amusement as she pushed into the center of the group. "Okay, here are the keys, and I will be pairing you up. No complaints." She pulled out a folder, frowning suspiciously when smiles appeared on the kids' faces. Ryan frowned as well, causing the others' smiles to widen.

Ryan looked around, not knowing what was so funny. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," Blaine smirked a bit.

"I think we're all laughing because you and Ms. C look exactly the same with your folders," Brittany pointed out.

Quinn nodded. "And the frown just made you look even more alike."

"Oh." Ryan and Shelby exchanged a glance, simultaneously looking down at each other's folders, drawing a few giggles.